Johnny Cash - American Recordings I (1994), EAC+APE - Acoustic Country - Vocal and Guitar
 Posted: 29-05-2005, 11:23 (post 1, #423483)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Johnny Cash  - American Recordings I
Артист: Johnny Cash
Альбом: American Recordings I, 1994
Жанр: Acoustic Country
Формат файла: EAC+APE
Ссылка: CD 10 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey
Johnny Cash - American Recordings I

01. Delia's Gone [0:02:17.63]
02. Let The Train Blow The Whistle [0:02:15.67]
03. The Beast In Me [0:02:45.52]
04. Drive On [0:02:23.53]
05. Why Me Lord [0:02:20.40]
06. Thirteen [0:02:29.55]
07. Oh, Bury Me Not (Introduction: A Cowboy's Prayer) [0:03:52.50]
08. Bird On A Wire [0:04:01.50]
09. Tennessee Stud [0:02:54.47]
10. Down There By The Train [0:05:34.58]
11. Redemption [0:03:03.50]
12. Like A Soldier [0:02:50.20]
13. The Man Who Couldn't Cry [0:05:01.35]

Label:American Recordings

Genre:Country

Compression:EAC+APE

Covers:Yes

Size:142.08 MB

In 1994 Cash stunned the music world with this commanding collection of 13 solo acoustic performances that roll from gospel to cowboy to sarcastic folk. Minimalism had long been Cash's meal ticket, but this time around, producer Rick Rubin stripped it all away, recording the bulk of the record in Cash's cabin or his own living room (two cuts were captured live at the Viper Room in front of an emphatic audience). Cash offers five typically direct and vivid originals, but he also seizes control of songs by Kris Kristofferson, Nick Lowe, Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, and Loudon Wainwright. Forty years after "Hey Porter," Cash delivers a pure, naked, and incredibly moving record that, dare we say, rivals the impact of his greatest achievements. --Marc Greilsamer

It was a completely unexpected move. In 1994, country music legend Johnny Cash agrees to cut an album produced by rap producer Rick Rubin for Rubin's American Recordings label. The result: The first of four priceless recordings that rival anything else from Cash's outstanding body of work. 
The collection includes old songs, new songs, songs written by Cash, and songs written by others. Cash's music has always been marked by great storytelling and honesty, but this recording takes the Man in Black's storytelling and honesty to a whole other level. When you listen to "The Beast in Me," you hear the raw honesty in Cash's voice and you know that he's lived every word of Nick Lowe's lyrics. "Drive On" addresses one of Cash's most passionate topics: the trails and tribulations of Vietnam veterans returning home and the people who don't understand them. "Thirteen" is a dark, brutally exposed portrayal of a life gone wrong, one that has never been on track and never will be. Who else but Cash can convincingly sing the lyric "I pray you don't look at me/I pray I don't look back"? 
It took a lot of courage for Cash to do this album. Think about it: Columbia Records had dropped him years before. Now here he was, making a recording not with his band, but with only his voice and his guitar. With one man and one guitar, there's not much you can hide. If the music is true and honest, it'll come through. If it's not, that'll come through too. But the result is true, naked, honest, courageous music. It doesn't get any better than this. Johnny Cash lays it all on the line like no one else ever has...and probably never will.

This is the first recording made by Cash for Rick Rubin´s American Recordings.
It´s the third posted at this board,so the one is missing is the third(American III) in release time.I will do the release of it one of this days.
This one is very good.Just a man,his guitar,his voice(and what a voice) and a bunch of lovely songs.Take a look at Cowboys Prayer.You will not regret.Could take some time to download.Anyway,this is the small file of all i posted in the last days.

PM Email Poster Users Website MSN
Top Bottom
Topic Options