Peter Green Splinter Group - 2003. Reaching the Cold 100, новую жизнь затухшим релизам!
 Posted: 02-06-2005, 21:54 (post 1, #425025)

риполов-любитель

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Peter Green Splinter Group - Reaching the Cold 100
Артист: Peter Green Splinter Group
Альбом: Reaching the Cold 100, 2003
Жанр: Blues-Rock, Contemporary Blues, British Blues
Формат файла: eac-cue-flac-jpg-rar 2CD
Ссылка: CD 9 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
Как просилось кое-кем... получите :D
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 02-06-2005, 21:55 (post 2, #425026)

риполов-любитель

Thanks to my friends :D

Peter Green Splinter Group - 2003. Reaching the Cold 100

Best Post-Mac Effort to Date, December 11, 2004
Reviewer: Kurt Harding "bon vivant" (Boerne TX)
I have been a Peter Green fan since his muse burned brightly in the glory days of the original Fleetwood Mac. He is a legendary figure to thousands of fans who wonder what might have been had he not gone off the deep end for an extended spell. We watched, we waited, and we hoped. His old band went through several profound transformations while he stayed gone, reappearing only briefly to record End of the Game, an album I consider one of the most boring and pointless I have ever heard. Then in the early eighties an album would appear on occasion that was putatively his. The first couple contained some pretty good songs mixed with a lot of garbage. Then he submerged once again next to resurface with a new band, Splinter Group.
I have followed Splinter Group since Green first joined, and I have to say that they get better with each successive recording. For that matter, Reaching the Cold 100 is Green's post-Mac effort to date!
There is a load of excellent blues here. The first five tunes are rather hard-driving and do well showcasing the talents of the Splinter Group. Must Be A Fool and Don't Walk Away are slow blues numbers with kind of a mid-70s feel about them. Then the mood changes entirely with a humorous Richard Thompsonesque song about being sucked into legal and financial problems.
The second half of the CD weakens considerably. I don't care at all for Spiritual Thief or Nice Girl Like You, and the renditions of the other originals are merely decent. Then the band gets back on track as it launches into the bonus tracks. If my praise of the first seven songs didn't have you clicking the buy button, then just maybe my praise of the last four will get you motivated.
Some reviewers consider the bonus cuts the best on the album, most likely because as old Fleetwood Mac tunes they are more familiar. Indeed, Green and company do a yeoman's job with them. But to say they are the best negates the very real progress the group has made over the years. Sure, I like Green Manalishi, Black Magic Woman, Albatross, and It Takes Time and the Splinter Group does tackle them with aplomb, but I also really enjoy Ain't Nothin' Gonna Change It, Look Out For Yourself, Needs Must The Devil Drives and Must Be A Fool. And contrary to what some have written, I think Green's husky, world-weary voice is a nice fit for the music. It is certainly superior to and more distinctive than Nigel Watson's.
Overall, Reaching the Cold 100 is highly recommended to all Peter Green fans. If you are new to Peter Green, check this out and see what you've been missing!

CD
1 Ain't Nothin' Gonna Change It Cotton 3:29
2 Look Out for Yourself Stroud 4:30
3 Cool Down Parker, Watson 4:00
4 Dangerous Man Cotton 4:08
5 Needs Must the Devil Drives Parker, Watson 4:18
6 Must Be a Fool Stroud 4:35
7 Don't Walk Away Cotton 4:34
8 Can You Tell Me Why (A.K.A. Legal Fee Blues) Parker, Watson 3:50
9 Spiritual Thief Parker, Watson 4:58
10 I'm Ready for You Stroud 4:41
11 Smile Parker, Watson 5:18
12 Nice Girl Like You Cotton 4:39
13 When Somebody Cares Parker, Watson 5:27
Bonus CD
1 Black Magic Woman [*] Green 6:54
2 It Takes Time [*] Rush 5:28
3 Green Manalishi [*] Green 4:45
4 Albatross [*] Green 3:24

Roger Cotton Guitar (Rhythm), Keyboards, Vocals (bckgr)
Peter Green Guitar Vocals
Peter Stroud Guitar (Bass), Vocals (bckgr), Double Bass
Larry Tolfree Drums
Nigel Watson Guitar, Vocals

user posted image user posted image
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 02-06-2005, 22:00 (post 3, #425027)

риполов-любитель

вот и меня занесло... не в тот раздел :(
пожалуйста перенесите в блюз :)
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 02-06-2005, 23:36 (post 4, #425051)

Добёр

Group: Prestige
Маладца..
А что со старым то, испарился? :)
PM Email Poster ICQ
Top Bottom
 Posted: 03-06-2005, 18:55 (post 5, #425326)

риполов-любитель

QUOTE (Шибзик @ 02-06-2005, 20:36)
А что со старым то, испарился? :)
из сети - да :( потому как релизилось во времена некоторой паники на германском фронте почти два года назад- сделано было одним большим архивом и одним маленьким "секретным" архивом с соответствующими именами тип PG1, PG2
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options