Incognito - Live In London (2010), 2 AudioCD, MultiDisc-ISO
 Posted: 17-05-2010, 08:55 (post 1, #963224)

proRock
Group: Netlab Soldier
Group: Netlab Soldier
Warn:0%-----
Incognito - Live In London
Артист: Incognito
Альбом: Live In London, 2010
Издатель: In-Akustik / INAK 9097 2CD
Жанр: Acid Jazz, Electronic, Jazz, Jazz-Funk, Club/Dance, House, Clubjazz
Формат файла: NL+[MultiDisc-ISO]
Ссылка: CD 68 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
Релиз-группа: Group Icon
Примечание: Покупал на концерте. Сам шеф подписал диск!
TRACKLIST
 1. Talkin' Loud (3:55)
 2. Step Aside (5:38)
 3. When The Sun Comes Down (5:22)
 4. Jacobs Ladder (6:36)
 5. Centre Of The Sun (5:31)
 6. Get Into My Groove (5:21)
 7. Labour Of Love (5:40)
 8. Ain't No Mountain (4:21)
 9. Always There (4:22)
10. Colibri (5:53)
11. N.O.T. (7:40)
12. This Thing Called Love (8:21)
13. Still A Friend Of Mine (6:23)
14. Can't Get You Out Of My Head (4:32)
15. Deep Waters (4:29)
16. Wild And Beautiful (5:46)
17. Morning Sun (4:59)
18. Expresso Madureira (6:04)
19. Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing (8:16)
20. Reach Out (3:10)
21. Everyday (4:36)
22. I Hear Your Name (8:26)
23. Nights Over Egypt (6:44)

Review: by William Ruhlmann
Technically, Incognito were justified in claiming a 30th anniversary in 2009, in the sense that Jean-Paul "Bluey" Maunick and Paul "Tubbs" Williams began calling their band by that name (after stints as New Life and Light of the World) in 1979, even though they did not release their first Incognito album, Jazz Funk, until 1981, and then the act went dormant for a decade until Maunick resurrected it in 1991. By then, there was not much chance of this British jazz-funk big band getting significant attention in the U.S., because its sound was strictly out of the ‘70s-‘80s Earth, Wind & Fire songbook (with some smooth jazz side trips) and American R&B had moved on to rap and hip-hop. But that didn't keep them from building up a following in Europe and Asia in the ‘90s and 2000s while releasing a series of albums (with some moderately successful attempts to market them in the U.S. in the dance and contemporary jazz categories), and that is what is being celebrated on this double-CD live set, nearly 20 years of funky rhythms, punchy horn charts, and interchangeable soul singers. The inclusion of a small string section gives some of the tracks the feel of Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra, and the occasional performances of Motown standards ("Ain't No Mountain High Enough," "Don't You Worry ‘Bout a Thing") contribute to the retro mood. Now and then an instrumental ("Jacob's Ladder," "Colibri," "Expresso Madureira") stakes the band's claim to smooth jazz legitimacy. Clearly, it all works for Incognito's British following, even if the sound is old school to American R&B ears.

SPOILER (EAC LOG)
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': arizonadream, drobovik, adjonja, mitay, taurus66, shatterhand, Kocegub, Dudtsyn, qoojoe, ViziV, orsokaposky, neo-geotec
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options