> William Jackson - Celtic Experience Vol.1 (1997), Celtic, Folk, Traditional
   Отправлено: 25-01-2006, 22:28 (post 1, #536281)

Рейтинг:0%-----
William Jackson - Celtic Experience Vol.1 (1997)

user posted image

Artist: William Jackson
Album: Celtic Experience Vol.1
Date: 1997
Label: LINN Records
Genre: Celtic, Folk, Traditional
Format: EAC-APE-CUE-LOG

Review:
"William Jackson" has both musical expertise and plentiful experience of traditional music behind him in Ossian and is in essence the right man for a job like Celtic Experience. "..a warmly inviting album which thankfully sidesteps all the usual Celtic instrumental traps" Rock and Reel. William Jackson (wire strung harp, gut strung harp, clarsach, whistles, uillean pipes) with Ian Anderson (bouzouki), John Martin (violin, viola), Ewen Vernal (upright & electric guitars), Tony McManus (acoustic guitars, mandolin), Iain MacInnes (Highland and Scottish smallpipes), James Mackintosh (drums and percussion), Ronan Browne (uillean pipes), Stuart Morison (cittern), The Gardyne Chamber Ensemble , Ian Bruce (vocals), and Mairi MacInnes (vocals).

------------------------

This CD is a wonderful collection of Irish and Scotish music. The tracks almost tell a tale of these countrys history. Some are Haunting, Some are peaceful and some are....Just Amazing!! If you are a fan of celtic music this is a must have. The harps and pipes have a mystical allure that lifts the spirit.

Tracklist:
01. Braveheart Theme [2:37]
02. My Laggan Love [4:47]
03. Ca the Yowes [3:55]
04. Cadal Cha Dean me [2:20]
05. The Star of the County Down [3:06]
06. The Rocky Road [1:59]
07. Women of Ireland [4:52]
08. Hebridean Prayer [5:00]
09. The Sally Gardens [3:31]
10. Skye Boat Song [3:47]
11. The Silkie [3:37]