Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Show unread post )

Rush - Snakes & Arrows (Limited Edition MVI DVD), DVD9 ISO
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 11:06 (post 1, #766655)

Pro Member

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Rush - Snakes & Arrows (Limited Edition MVI DVD)
Артист: Rush
Альбом: Snakes & Arrows (Limited Edition MVI DVD), 2007
Издатель: Atlantic / B000OPOANE
Жанр: Rock
Формат файла: ISO
Ссылка: CD 20 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
1. Far Cry
2. Armor And Sword
3. Workin' Them Angels
4. The Larger Bowl
5. Spindrift
6. The Main Monkey Business
7. The Way The Wind Blows
8. Hope
9. Faithless
10. Bravest Face
11. Good News First
12. Malignant Narcissism
13. We Hold On

What Is MVI? With a higher storage capacity than a standard CD, the Music Video Interactive Disc (MVI) contains new interactive features including, superior sound quality, a wide range of video features, and interactive digital content. MVI discs play in all standard DVD players, computers, and game consoles with DVD drives but do not play in conventional CD players. Digital music files are compatible with all MP3 devices.

# DVD Audio (June 26, 2007)
# Please Note: This is a DVD-Audio disc which is playable on most DVD players as well as all DVD-Audio players.
# Original Release Date: June 5, 2007
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Limited Edition
# Label: Atlantic
# ASIN: B000OPOANE

Reviews
Amazon.com
A return to their former glory days, Snakes and Arrows shows this seminal prog rock band reclaiming some of the sonic territory that they'd lost over the past few years. It's not certain what contributed to this artistic rebirth, but Rush has crafted a historical and emotional odyssey that shows many both where they've been and where they're going--from the baroque soundscapes of "The Main Monkey Business," reminiscent of their earliest work to the seductive almost folkloric urgency of "The Way the Wind Blows," which is as dangerous, anxious, and prophetic as anything that Arcade Fire or Mars Volta is doing currently. Main Lyricist Neil Peart has spent the last decade getting over the death of his wife and daughter, and those tragic events have given his songwriting more depth and gravity as he explores the strengths and limitations of faith in both metaphoric and literal detail. While never didactic or ponderous, this disc is really an instruction manual for how one conducts themselves with grace and hope through unendurable pain and the vagaries of life. Gone is much of the shrillness of their earlier incarnations--Geddy Lee's trademark high pitch shrieks have mellowed considerably and Alex Lifesong's guitar playing has an assurance and freedom that can only come with age. --Jaan Uhelszki

Product Description
Anthem/Atlantic recording group Rush return with its first new collection of original material in nearly five years, entitled "SNAKES & ARROWS." The album was recorded in the fall of 2006 with Grammy Award-winner Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver) and Rush co-producing. "It's hard to describe," Geddy Lee recently told Revolver re: "SNAKES & ARROWS.""It's big, it's bold, and I think it's some of the best work we've done in years. I'm really pleased with the quality ofthe songs, and there's lots of playing on it. " Rush - Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart - will trumpet the release of "SNAKES & ARROWS" with a full-scale North American tour, the renowned trio's first since 2004's "An Evening with Rush: 30th Anniversary Tour."

LIMITED EDITION MVI PACKAGE

* The MVI is a DVD loaded with exciting new features. Superior sound quality plus a wide range of video and interactive content combine to bring you closer to the artists and their music. It plays in all standard DVD players, computers and game consoles with DVD drives. Digital music files are compatible with all MP3 devices. * The Rush "SNAKES & ARROWS" MVI comes in a deluxe box, and includes these 13 new songs in hi-resolution audio, the entire album in 5.1 surround sound, a video documentary on the making of the album, and more.

I have modified the ISO image so once you burn this DVD there is a SCANS_TS folder that contains all the scans.
As this DVD contains data, use a DVD9 to burn. Burning to 2 DVD5 might render unpredictable results.

COMPRESSED ==> 5,40 GB

UNCOMPRESSED ==> 6,40 GB

:hi:
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': OlCh, bubamara, Гордый, Mihey, vvt, Swipe, agatalex
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 11:41 (post 2, #766657)

Watermarked?
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 11:45 (post 3, #766658)

риполов-любитель

Group: News makers
аудио_тс пустой :drag:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 11:48 (post 4, #766659)

Pro Member

QUOTE (Mihey @ 23-07-2007, 09:41)
Watermarked?
No watermarks anywhere. This is NOT a "pure" DVD Audio, it is a MVI DVD.

I burnt a DVD9 from "my ISO" and works like a charm :wink:

PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 11:56 (post 5, #766660)

Нифига не понял, какие там дорожки? DTS, LPCM, PPCM, DD? Что за hi-resolution audio?
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 11:56 (post 6, #766661)

Pro Member

QUOTE (OlCh @ 23-07-2007, 09:45)
аудио_тс пустой :drag:
The DVD itself contains a 5.1 Dolby Surround mix of the Snakes & Arrows album, an alternate 2.0 Enhanced stereo mix

.......................::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...............................

Anoter review

It comes in a small box, much like a reel to reel tape box from half-a-century ago, with the Snakes & Arrows artwork all over it, and the "28 page color booklet" is actually the exact same 28 page booklet that comes with the regular CD, only it's about 15% larger - I was a little disappointed there, because I was expecting a book of photographs from the recording sessions, or even some of drummer Neil Peart's famous essaying. The DVD itself contains a 5.1 Dolby Surround mix of the Snakes & Arrows album, an alternate 2.0 Enhanced stereo mix - neither of which will play in a regular CD player. This is indeed a DVD and you need to run it in your DVD player or your Mac or Windows computer.

In addition, the centerpiece of the disc is the 45 minute video documentary of the making of the record written and directed by long-time Rush photographer-once-only-a-fan Andrew Mcnaughton, and Rush fans everywhere got excited when they heard he was the one responsible. He has a particular way of representing the boys from Toronto photographically that has always just made sense. He's tied into the band's vision, and there was no better person to create the very first Rush documentary. There have been interviews, and since the dawn of the age of DVDs we have seen some of these, but any Rush fan will tell you, we have almost never seen the guys in their element - playing in the studio, mixing, tracking, discussing arrangements - and it's a treat worth the wait. This is an incredibly inspiring doc, and I couldn't help but see so clearly the influence this band has had on me over the years. The way they talked about working together and their writing process... I don't want to be a "me too" kinda of guy here, but it's exactly how Don Gunn, my friend and musical collaborator for 20+ years now, and I work together. We were both fans of Rush growing up and playing in a band together, they certainly rubbed off on us. Not only in their style of music, but in their approach. Hearing them talk about their writing process in this doc and reflecting on my own process was eye opening. This truly is one of the great rock bands that ever was. The fact that they're still making records (1974-2007), is a real testament to how much they enjoy working together.
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 11:58 (post 7, #766662)

Ваня Б. Коровкин

Nice bonus to a nominee for "Album Of The Year" title. Thank you, Keykey :hi:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 12:10 (post 8, #766663)

Вопрос так и остался без ответа. Что за alternate 2.0 Enhanced stereo mix? Простите, но не вижу ответа про формат этой дорожки. Обычный PCM 24/48 или 24/96?
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 12:31 (post 9, #766664)

Pro Member

QUOTE (Mihey @ 23-07-2007, 10:10)
Вопрос так и остался без ответа. Что за alternate 2.0 Enhanced stereo mix? Простите, но не вижу ответа про формат этой дорожки. Обычный PCM 24/48 или 24/96?
I really don't know what it is. Just some comments made by Rush fans:

Rush fans

Example:
The sound quality on the 5.1 mix is awesome...much better than the CD.

In fact, one of my complaints on the CD version of The Larger Bowl was that the mandolin (or whatever Alex is playing in that solo) was too far back in the mix and not loud enough. The MVI corrected that and it sounds much better.

There are other similar instances, where the songs just come across better...

This post has been edited by Keykey on 23-07-2007, 12:33
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 12:55 (post 10, #766666)

риполов-любитель

вон какой вьедливый оказывается то! :pig: и чо к испанцу приковырялся на русском? :w00t:
Стерео там правильный - 24/96! :punk:
Я как раз слушаю... жена сразу с дома вон :laugh:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 13:02 (post 11, #766667)

QUOTE (OlCh @ 23-07-2007, 13:55)
вон какой вьедливый оказывается то! :pig: и чо к испанцу приковырялся на русском? :w00t:
Стерео там правильный - 24/96! :punk:
Я как раз слушаю... жена сразу с дома вон :laugh:
Ну вот теперьча понятно. Спасибо за уточнение! А то alternate 2.0 Enhanced stereo mix, понимаешь :D: Под это определение можно что угодно подвести, хоть мр3 :actu:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 13:16 (post 12, #766668)

риполов-любитель

есть тама и мп3, и для Мака диск заточен и еще всяко разно :drag:

user posted image

user posted image
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 13:28 (post 13, #766672)

Во напихали то... Придётся видимо качать.
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 14:54 (post 14, #766689)

Ваня Б. Коровкин

QUOTE (OlCh @ 23-07-2007, 14:16)
есть тама и мп3, и для Мака диск заточен и еще всяко разно :drag:
Мда... надо им комплейн написать по качеству звука - типа mp3 не того битрейта, не той программой кодированы и вообще m4a рулит, а макинтош - мастдай :rzhu:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 23-07-2007, 15:07 (post 15, #766693)

Advanced

Я немного опечален из-за 5.1 звука. Во первых - Dolby Digital, а во вторых многоканальный микс никакой.
А в целом доволен - хоть стерео 24/96 :)
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2