Herman's Hermits - Both Sides of Herman's Hermits, [EXTRA TRACKS]
 Posted: 06-11-2008, 14:27 (post 1, #864571)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Herman's Hermits - Both Sides of Herman's Hermits
Артист: Herman's Hermits
Альбом: Both Sides of Herman's Hermits , 2001
Издатель: Repertoire / REP 4856
Жанр: Rock, Pop, Sunshine
Формат файла: EAC-WV-Cue-Scans-Rar
Ссылка: CD 29 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
This German CD is based on the group's second album in the UK, "Both Sides Of", and comes lavishly packaged with a gatefold digipak cover reproduction of the original album cover design, as well as a nice, informative booklet. The ten bonus tracks are mostly added from the US 1966 LP by the same title, but with a slightly different track listing - mostly remakes of old music hall and pub songs that were considered unsuitable for the UK market and never released there. All done very tongue-in-cheek of course, but the group feared that the songs might ruin their rock `n' roll image, and they were right! The most interesting numbers on this CD are an agressive version of Johnny Burnette's "Little Boy Sad", a fine rendition of the Bacharac-David classic "Story Of My Life", Graham Gouldman's "Bus Stop" - recorded before the Hollies' hit version, and the pleasant "Oo-ee-Baby", the latter never released in the US. "Kansas City Loving" from their "Introducing" LP is also here, for the first time in CD format, as well as the rocker, "Got A Feeling", from the "Hold On!" soundtrack, sounding oddly like the Yardbirds and rumoured to feature Jimmy Page on guitar - but it was the Hermits' own sadly overlooked guitarist, Lek Leckenby, who played lead on that track and is to be credited. This CD gives you exactly what the title indicates - both sides of Herman's Hermits! Enjoy, enjoy!

Track List:
1. Little Boy Sad - Herman's Hermits, Walker
2. Story of My Life - Herman's Hermits, Bacharach, Burt
3. My Reservation's Been Confirmed - Herman's Hermits, Silverman
4. Bus Stop - Herman's Hermits, Gouldman, Graham
5. For Love - Herman's Hermits, Hopwood, Keith
6. Where Were You When I Needed You - Herman's Hermits, Barri, Steve
7. All the Things I Do for You Baby - Herman's Hermits, Barri, Steve
8. Leaning on a Lamp Post - Herman's Hermits, Gay, Noel
9. Dial My Number - Herman's Hermits, Worth
10. Oo-Ee Baby - Herman's Hermits, Dexter
11. Je Suis Anglais (L'Autre Jour) - Herman's Hermits, Bernet
12. Listen People - Herman's Hermits, Gouldman, Graham
13. Kansas City Loving - Herman's Hermits, Leiber, Jerry
14. A Must to Avoid - Herman's Hermits, Barri, Steve
15. The Man With the Cigar - Herman's Hermits, Kusik
16. Got a Feeling - Herman's Hermits, Karger, Fred
17. Hold On - Herman's Hermits, Barri, Steve
18. Oh Mr. Porter - Herman's Hermits, Lynch, Kenny
19. The Future Mrs. 'Awkins - Herman's Hermits, Lynch, Kenny
20. Two Lovely Black Eyes - Herman's Hermits, Lynch, Kenny
21. My Old Dutch - Herman's Hermits, Lynch, Kenny

German edition of 1966 album. Digipak. 12 tracks plus 9 bonus tracks, 'Kansas City Loving', ' A Must To Avoid', 'The ManWith The Cigar ', 'Got A Feeling', 'Hold On', 'Oh Mr Porter', 'The Future Mrs. 'Awkins', 'Two Lovely Black Eyes' and 'MyOld Dutch'. 2000 release

SPOILER!
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Гордый, Siren, yuri311954, BioS, OlCh, der spunk, ronis, Berk, jayg, wwf, LinkoManija, jktu_p, alglebych, Siget
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options