Pages: (3) 1 2 [3] ( Show unread post )

> The best talk about Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same
 Posted: 29-11-2008, 13:53 (post 31, #867918)

Advanced

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
QUOTE (yury_usa)
Otherwise it's just "click->thank you", "click->thank you", or simply "click and close"

I couldn't say it better! :lol:

People are not robots.
Releasers are not robots.
People that listen to music definitely aren't robots...
Robots don't listen music.
Robots don't feel.., anything.
I don't want a lot of 'thanks point' in my bank account..., already it's big enough.
It doesn't work for me.
I want to know what people thinks about music.
Robots don't have opinions, they don't feel music.
I want to see the people alive.
Luckily, people are not robots. :)

:plan:
PM Email Poster Shared files
Top Bottom
 Posted: 01-12-2008, 03:47 (post 32, #868068)

Junior

QUOTE (bertox @ 28-11-2008, 07:48)
QUOTE (Sartre)
..so it's hardly loud or compressed.

Viewing the first pic that you've posted (i can't see the second one, this image server don't work fine here :()..,
..i say to you: i don't think so.., reeally i don't think so! :smash:

Just is Rock & Roll.., this songs is 'hardly' played all the time...,
..and,
if you look for a 'hardly loud or compressed' thing.., you don't find there, cause' normally look like a 'brickwalled' (almost or not) square wave, like your 2007 remaster screen : user posted image

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say but, to recap, I'm saying that the 2003 "remaster" isn't more compressed or louder than the Diament mastered version, contrary to your quote from Yury:

Yury_usa say: 1994=2003=2005 = Page/Marino Remaster (a bit compressed and kinda loud/bright)

Maybe you're misinterpretating my words. Here are the two pics combined into one:

user posted image

Now if you look for (i.e..) 'Rain Song' or 'No Quarter'.., your mind will change...

Here are the pics:
:wub:

RAIN SONG:
user posted image

NO QUARTER:
user posted image

Finally, i say to you, i've never do the 'image test' with this disc.., i've only trust in my ears.., and them say to me: hoooly shit!!! this is one of the less compressed and well mastered discs that i've ever heard!!
...now..,
..i've seen the pictures.., and confirms it.

Again, I'm not sure what your point is but here's an image of the 2003 "remaster" version of No Quarter (from 400kbps m4a) and as you can see, it's virtually identical. Whatever differences there are between the 1986 Diament and 2003 releases appear to be minimal, at least based on the waveform. Feel free to upload a flac sample of the 1986 version so I can compare. :music:

user posted image

PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 01-12-2008, 06:30 (post 33, #868077)

Advanced

Perfect! i've only say that the Barry Diament isn't compressed at all, flat tranfers...

Sorry, i don't upload a sample for you.., but.., i don't understand why you don't 'load' my release yet..:dunno: There, you can pic all the samples what you want...

Don't you have sufficient HDD space? ___

Well, by now., you're discovered that the Barry version and the 2003 one have the same master, based on the waveforms screens, obviously...
I don't have the 2003 version.., and i don't want to 'load' it.., cause' i'm feel happy with my Diament one, and really i don't think that the 2003 will sounds better.., at least, they 'appear to be the same'..

Thanks for your tests and efforts anyway.

Greetings. :hi:

p.s: I'll very recommend you to swap your LOSSY disc for a LOSSLESS one.., the quality gain is so much..., just pic the mine (or btw 2003...).. ;)

This post has been edited by bertox on 01-12-2008, 07:01
Top Bottom
 Posted: 01-12-2008, 20:56 (post 34, #868166)

Junior

Don't you have sufficient HDD space?

I access a small wireless ISP where bandwidth is highly variable so I'd rather use it on stuff that I need. I'm behind an ISP router as well so emule transfers are slower than for most people (low ID).

p.s: I'll very recommend you to swap your LOSSY disc for a LOSSLESS one

I have the FLAC version, it's just at another location. I usually listen to ~400kbps AAC that I can use on my ipod. It's indistinguishable from lossless on the equipment I'm using.
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 01-12-2008, 21:06 (post 35, #868167)

Advanced

QUOTE (Sartre)
It's indistinguishable from lossless on the equipment I'm using.

Perhaps your Lossless 'equipment' are bad..., cause' lossless are very 'distinguishable' at all..., maybe you are using an on-board soundcard with cheap speakers..., or maybe is time to wash your ears... :dunno:

Maybe you'll try to find the way to 'load' our releases.., if not.., they aren't any sense to discuss anything here.., sorry. I can't argue with people who listen to AAC or btw Lossy format..., i don't wanna waste my time.

Greetings. :hi:

This post has been edited by bertox on 01-12-2008, 21:44
Top Bottom
Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]