Draconian 2008, Turning Season Within
 Posted: 09-03-2008, 01:31 (post 1, #825920)

зломбный релизомби

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Draconian - Turning Season Within
Артист: Draconian
Альбом: Turning Season Within, 2008
Издатель: Napalm Records
Жанр: gothic metal
Формат файла: eac/ape/covers/rar
Ссылка 1: CD 1 52 clicks
Ссылка 2: CD 2
Нахождение: eDonkey/Torrent
Seasons Apart
When I Wake
Earthbound
Not Breathing
The Failure Epiphany
Morphine Cloud
Bloodflower
The Empty Stare
September Ashes

Johan Ericson – Guitar
Andreas Karlsson - Keys & Programming
Lisa Johansson – Vocals
Anders Jacobsson – Voclas
Daniel Arvidsson - Rhythm Guitar
Fredrik Johansson – Bass
Jerry Torstensson – Drums

Also read the "Arcane Rain Fell" review ‹
Melodic Gothic metallers DRACONIAN are back with their new album "Turning Season Within". Nine songs full of pain, love, sorrow and depression. The question is: will their fans ’enjoy’ this album? Well, I think they will.

It was back in 1994 when Johan, Andy Hindenas (guitars) and Jesper Stolpe (bass) joined forces. At that time the band’s name was KERBEROS and their sound was a mixture of melodic Death and Black Metal. Just after Jacobsson joined them, they changed their name to DRACONIAN. During the next seven years, and having numerous problems with the recordings (since most of the times the production and the sound of the recordings didn’t match the band’s standards) and various changes in the lineup, they managed to release three demos and the "Frozen Features EP. In 2002, Lisa joined the band and they released the "Dark Oceans We Cry" demo. From then on, DRACONIAN released thee full albums and their sound became slower and darker.

So, it was time for their fourth album, "Turning Season Within", to hit the stores in the near future. As I already wrote, for someone that doesn’t know what the band plays, this is not an album for someone that only likes brutal Metal. This album is full of melodies and the "brutal vs. female vocals" cliche. When I put the album into the CD player, it reminded me of "Velvet Darkness They Fear" from THEATRE OF TRAGEDY. The compositions are quite good, Lisa’s voice (even though it isn’t something extraordinary) is sweet and gives an extra point to the album, plus they were helped from NOVEMBERS DOOM vocalist Paul Kuhr. The music is mid-tempo, full of melodies that reminds me of the previously mentioned band and KATATONIA’s two last albums. As far as the lyrics concern, they are dealing with "failing and hopeless love relationships, as well as how we deal with them is what this album is about", as Anders Jacobsson is saying. I am aware that bands that play melodic Gothic Metal, and not Doom as many fans are saying (the only thing that reminds of Doom is the rhythm), don’t have many fields to explore. So for an album of dark melodic Gothic Metal, " Turning Season Within" is a good album. But if you are searching for something brutal or experimental, this album is not for you. The choice is yours.

Instead of the typical epilogue, I would like to say some words about the promo itself. I can understand that there is problem with some guys that are ripping the CD’s and put them ’online’ for download. But the solution is not putting voice-covers or nerve-racking "beeps" during the song. This is not only irritating but most of us, that just want to do our "job", find it difficult to write a review. So yes, labels must find a way to protect the band and themselves, but in some other way.
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Jago, vojdo, dec0ryah, DopeFish, ns38, zena, LF_, Sh00ler
PM Email Poster Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 09-03-2008, 01:34 (post 2, #825921)

зломбный релизомби

Group: News makers
CODE
EAC extraction logfile from 8. March 2008, 16:58 for CD
Draconian / Turning Season Within

Used drive  : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A  Adapter: 1  ID: 0
Read mode  : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 48
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
                    44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo

Other options      :
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
    Filename C:\incoming\Draconian - Turning Season Within.wav

Peak level 100.0 %
    Range quality 99.9 %
    CRC EDE9662C
    Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report
PM Email Poster Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 09-03-2008, 02:32 (post 3, #825926)

мышелов

Group: Members
Был я на их концерте в ТА... Ну совсем не впечатлился....
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 09-03-2008, 08:05 (post 4, #825942)

Thank you.
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 11-03-2008, 16:14 (post 5, #826398)

eMule+

спасибо папаня! :punk:
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options