> Diane Schuur - Live In London [2006], thanks to scalamus!
 Posted: 16-09-2006, 23:24 (post 1, #654283)

меломан

Group: Prestige
Warn:0%-----
Diane Schuur - Live In London
Артист: Diane Schuur
Альбом: Live In London, 2006
Жанр: Jazz/Vocal Jazz
Формат файла: EAC-FLAC-CUE-LOG-COVERS
Ссылка: CD 19 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
Примечание: всем любителям женского vocal jazz :)
CODE
EAC extraction logfile from 15. September 2006, 7:36 for CD
Diane Schuur / Live in London

Used drive  : PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-755A   Adapter: 1  ID: 0
Read mode   : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 30
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
                     44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo
                     Use compression offset : 30

Other options      : 
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
     Filename C:\Diane Schuur - Live in London.wav

Peak level 100.0 %
     Range quality 99.9 %
     CRC 2C3A14D0
     Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

Big thanks to Scalamus for sharing this wonderful album!
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': sat, vvt
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 16-09-2006, 23:24 (post 2, #654284)

меломан

Group: Prestige
user posted image

Track List:
01. Deedles’ Blues
02. I'll Close My Eyes
03. Close Enough for Love
04. As
05. Poinciana
06. Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight
07. You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To
08. When October Goes
09. Besame Mucho
10. The Very Thought of You
11. So in Love
12. It Don't Mean A Thing
13. Send Me Someone to Love
14. Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Review by Vincent Stephens
Live in London, recorded at Ronnie Scott’s, might reassert her potential in the vocal pantheon. The disc is a fine example of Schuur the vocalist and pianist, collaborating with a fine band-bassist Scott Steed, guitarist Rod Fleeman and drummer Reggie Jackson-before an adoring (if subdued) audience. In many ways she represents exactly what is missing from a lot of "contemporary" jazz-she knows how to balance jazz technique and feeling with emotional accessibility.

Schuur is galvanizing on her two elaborate scat solos on the samba-flavored "So in Love" and a galloping "It Don’t Mean a Thing." Fleeman soars on both tunes and Jackson adds a hot, polyrhythmic solo to the latter. Though Schuur has recorded with the Count Basie Orchestra, Maynard Ferguson's Big Bop Nouveau Band and the Caribbean Jazz Project, she sounds most radiant in a streamlined setting. On these wide-ranging pieces by Duke Ellington, Percy Mayfield, Cole Porter, Steve Wonder and others, Schuur’s clear tone, superb diction and pitch-perfect piano scats illuminate the material with aplomb. The quartet is also quite resourceful in establishing a variety of moods and maintaining momentum over the course of the album’s 75 minutes.

The set features two anthems: a punchy version of the Morgan Ames-penned "Deedle’s Blues," followed by a hushed performance of "I’ll Close My Eyes," which typifies her ballad style. Schuur’s underrated piano playing proves a fine percussive foil for Jackson on the Latin-tinged arrangements of "As," "Poinciana" and "Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight," bundled together on the album.

Schuur's stirring version of "Besame Mucho" re-creates the scintillating arrangement from her Ferguson collaboration, Swingin’ for Schuur, with seamless harmonizing in the final bars. Schuur’s melodic imagination and harmonic eloquence complements her sleek voice-piano unison combinations and energetic trades with Fleeman, though her scats do get repetitive. Strings and woodwinds often crowd Schuur’s recordings, but one of the more striking elements of this live set is its spaciousness. The spare bass and voice opening of "You’d Be So Nice to Come Home To" establishes a framework for Steed to stretch out and fosters a warm, intimate vocal from Schuur.

A piano rendition of the ageless "Please Send Me Someone to Love" and her signature a capella "Over the Rainbow" delicately conclude the album. Amidst the "nu crooners" and singer-songwriter/folk-oriented types currently prevalent in vocal jazz, Schuur probably seems old-fashioned. Regardless of trends, the beautiful vocals, impressive range and tight musicianship on Live confirm that Schuur matters. Ronnie Scott’s has welcomed some of world’s finest vocal talents-check out Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone’s classic sets-and Live in London places Schuur amongst them.

Another review by popjournalism.ca
Diane Schuur first made it big at the 1975 Montreal Jazz Festival. It was there where she met legendary tenor saxophonist Stan Getz, who became one of her biggest fans and a mentor. Since then, Schuur has been nominated for five Grammy Awards and has won twice for "Best Jazz Vocalist." Live in London features Schuur’s three and a half-octave vocal range and breezy piano, backed by a rhythm section which includes Scott Steed on bass, Rod Fleeman on guitar and Reggie Jackson on drums. Together, Schuur and the band swing with expert precision as they showcase their passion for smooth-jazz ballads ("Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight," "I’ll Close My Eyes"), be-bop dance numbers ("Deedles’ Blues," "Besame Mucho") and Latino-flavoured salsa ("Close Enough For Love," "Poinciana"). Though the band is in full force, it is Schuur’s amazing voice that steals the show, especially in her vulnerable rendition of album closer, "Over the Rainbow." Recorded at the legendary Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club, Live in London is a terrific snapshot of Schuur’s intimate and engaging contemporary jazz. Essential.
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 16-09-2006, 23:26 (post 3, #654289)

JazzMan

Group: News makers
yury_usa
Класс!!!! Ссылка поехала.
PM Email Poster Shared files
Top Bottom
Topic Options