> Keith Jarrett - Vienna Concert, ECM 1481 (1992)
 Posted: 22-10-2004, 18:37 (post 1, #313577)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Keith Jarrett - Vienna Concert (1992)

user posted image

Keith Jarrett feels that this is his finest solo concert; having "courted the flame for a very long time," he writes, this music speaks "the language of the flame itself." Perhaps playing in the European-tradition-encrusted Vienna Staatsoper had an overt influence, for never has a recorded Jarrett solo concert fallen into such a logical, even classical overall structure as this one — all on the wing, mind you. Part I develops in a majestic 41-minute arch, opening with a simple chorale, devotional and trenchant, and suddenly kicking into a daring, complex, agitated toccata without a key center, technically dazzling and darting. That coalesces into a grand tonal passage with inferences of the great European piano concertos before subsiding into a quietly affirmative finale. Part II is shorter and less rigorously structured, surging and ebbing around shimmering tremolos and a brief pulsating rhythm, alternately evoking the Middle East and the medieval Dies Irae. Jarrett's exalted judgment is close to the mark; though more Eurocentric than ever, these are his most impressive solo performances since Sun Bear.  - Richard S. Ginell

Keith Jarrett, piano

Vienna, Part I
Vienna, Part II

*EAC (secure)
*Monkey's Audio 3.99 / normal compression
*201 MB
*covers

Keith.Jarrett.-.Vienna.Concert.[eac.ape.cue.covers].by.ivolivi.rar 12 clicks

not my rip, but a friend's of mine... ripped & released by ivolivi.
enjoy!

This post has been edited by meszrum on 22-10-2004, 18:40
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options