> Lori Lieberman, A Thousand Dreams
 Posted: 07-01-2005, 11:35 (post 1, #340691)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Артист: Lori Lieberman
Альбом: A Thousand Dreams , 1995
Жанр: Vocal Jazz/Folk
Формат файла: EAC+APE Image CUE sheet
Ссылка: CD 8 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey
Примечание: Pope Records Audiophile Covers 186.42 MB

1. Switzerland
2. Drive On
3. Love Takes Time
4. Women Like Me
5. My Heart Longs for you
6. One Thing
7. I'll Never Have the Heart (to leave this town)
8. Time After Time
9. A Time Ago/ Killing Me Softly
10. A Thousand Dreams

I became a Lori Lieberman fan sometime in the '70s. I was instantly entranced by her graceful and passionate voice (she truly has one of the most wonderful singing voices of any folk artist or pop singer in America. Adjectives don't do Lori Lieberman's voice justice, but just imagine Mary Fahl or Judy Garland as a folk singer and you'll have a sense of exactly how wonderful Lori Lieberman sounds. Lori Lieberman has a perfect voice. She has a natural sounding voice, too (fresh and refreshing.  The lyrics to many Lori Lieberman songs are soft, and touching. She sings about love and life, and her songs, while often sweet and mellow, have the ability to elicit a tear or two when you hear them. If you're lucky, you can find some of Lori Lieberman's vinyl LPs, which, unfortunately, have never been turned into CDs, but which are outstanding. Fortunately, some of Lieberman's older songs are on her CDs.  Here's a bit of music trivia: the original version of the hit '70s song sung by Roberta Flack, "Killing Me Softly," was written by Lori Lieberman. After seeing Don McLean perform "American Pie," at the Troubadour in Los Angeles, Lieberman wrote a poem, expressing her feelings about seeing McLean and "American Pie."  If you find a Lori Lieberman CD or LP, buy it. Don't miss an opportunity to treat yourself to such a wonderful musician.

Lori Lieberman--vocals
Guest artists:
Gary Scott--piano
Katie Kirpatrick--harp
Steve Erdody--cello
George Doering--acoustic guitar
Paulinho Da Costa--percussion
Stacy Shaffer--background vocal
Chuck Domanico--bass, upright bass
Terry Morgan--harmonica
Ray Kelley--cello
John Goux--acoustic guitar