Guitar - Tokyo (2006), eac-wv-cue-cover
 Posted: 02-03-2006, 23:10 (post 1, #559992)

Advanced

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Guitar  - Tokyo
Артист: Guitar
Альбом: Tokyo , 2006
Жанр: Downtempo
Формат файла: EAC-WV-CUE
Ссылка 1: CD 1 0 clicks
Ссылка 2: CD 2 0 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
Примечание: Ссылка 2: ogg preview

Doing exactly what it says on the tin, Michael Luckner's Guitar project is an exploration of (and love-letter to) the eponymous instrument; with 'Tokyo' following on from the My Bloody Valentines-isnpired 'Sunkissed' (Morr Music) and Bluegrass excursions of 'Honeysky'. Taking traditional Japanese compositions as his muse, 'Tokyo' draws on the sound of Pipa and Koto guitars to engender a blossom-fall of delicate instrumentation that liberally fizzes with articulate piano parts and soaring soundscapes. Whilst the majority of 'Tokyo' is instrumental, three songs are seasoned by the vocal skills of Ayako Akashiba; with the first of these ('Tokyo Memory') an ethereal smudge of electronica which recalls the scented output of Piana or Mum. Similarly, both 'Wash Me Away' and 'Sakura Coming' are glorious edicts on the merits of cross-cultural collaboration, with the latter's coruscating Kevin Shields-esque scope of particular note. Elsewhere, 'Maki' is a jaunty drum-machine/guitar coalition, 'Red & White' is a sprawling epic in the mould of 'Sakura'-era Susumu Yokota, whilst 'Ayako' is a breaks-carved linocut.

Tracklisting:
01.Sunday Afternoon At Tamagawa River [07:14]
02.Naoki [03:05]
03.Red & White [07:06]
04.Tokyo Memory [05:14]
05.Ayako [03:24]
06.Wash Me Away [06:09]
07.Akiko [03:54]
08.Sakura Coming [04:57]
09.Maki [03:27]
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom