Miles Davis - At Last!, Contemporary | 7645 | 1953
 Отправлено: 08-06-2005, 11:54 (post 1, #427132)

Рейтинг:0%-----
Артист: Miles Davis
Альбом: "At Last!", 1953
Жанр: Jazz
Формат файла: eac.ape.cue.covers
Ссылка: CD 12 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey

At Last!
Miles Davis | Contemporary    All of the music on this CD comes from a single night (Sept 13, 1953) at the Lighthouse Jazz club in Hermosa beach Ca. Oh, to have been there that day!  Without the Cd in front of me, I can't recall exactly who was in this edition of the basic band of this version of Howard Rumsey's Lighthouse All-Stars, but to West Coast jazz fans probably all of the names will be familiar.  During this period, Max Roach was actually the bands house drummer, which was a bit of a shock to me. He only stayed for a couple of months before moving back to New York, but his inclusion here is a real plus for me-since i'm a fan of his solo percussion pieces, and one of them "Drum Conversation" is here (it was the last song played at the set that featured Miles).  Had I known their was a solo drum vehicle for Max Roach on this CD I would have purchased it even sooner.  Miles only performed 3 tracks that were taped that day (the first 3 tunes on the CD)-but it equals 30 minutes of music and is certainly worth owning.  The forth track is Roach's solo drum outing and the last track on this CD comes from the set that Chet Baker played earlier in the day.  This CD runs 39:39. This was originally released on vinyl back in 1985. This may account for the reason why more of Chet Bakers songs weren't included-since they were recorded, but the record label should have considered adding more of these tracks in on the CD reissue.  All the same it's incredible how good the recorded sound is, since, according to the liner notes, this was recorded not by professionals, but by a jazz fan(in mono)just by placing a microphone near the bandstand. I have to applaud the guy who designed the room then because the sound in there must really be something great.  Their is another import release of this music under Chet Bakers name-called something like "The Complete Lighthouse Session" available. This release (from Dec 2003)features all 3 of the Miles Davis tracks here, the one Chet Baker track that is here, along with another 5 tracks of music from Chet Bakers set. Sadly, for some reason (perhaps the time restrictions on CD's?) the Max Roach drum solo isn't included on that disc-too bad otherwise I would say go for that disc instead.  So of the 2 releases of this music on that day, this one gets my vote simply for the inclusion of Roach's solo drum piece as well as the excellent liner notes (reporoduced from the original vinyl 1985 issue). However, if you're not a fan of Max Roach's solo drums (and you should be!), then you may want to pick up the "Complete" version of this CD under Chet Bakers name.
- Amazon review.

Miles Davis, trumpet
Rolf Ericson, trumpet
Bud Shank, saxophone
Bob Cooper, saxophone
Lorraine Geller, piano
Howard Rumsey, bass
Max Roach, drums

Infinity Promenade
'Round Midnight
Night in Tunisia
Drum Conversation
At Last

Recorded September 13, 1953
Contemporary

*EAC (secure mode / offset correction)
*Monkey's Audio 3.99 / extra high compression
*170 MB
*covers

CODE

EAC extraction logfile from 6. June 2005, 11:25 for CD
Miles Davis and the Lighthouse All-Stars / At Last!

Used drive  : HL-DT-STCD-RW GCE-8320B   Adapter: 1  ID: 1
Read mode   : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, NO disable cache
Read offset correction : 12
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : Yes

Used output format : C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Plugins\wapet.exe   (User Defined Encoder)
                    320 kBit/s
                    Additional command line options : %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" -t "Comment=EAC / Monkey's Audio 3.99" mac.exe %s %d -c4000

Other options      :
   Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
   Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
   Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000

Range status and errors
Selected range
    Filename F:\Audio\Miles Davis - At Last!.wav

Peak level 97.4 %
    Range quality 99.9 %
    CRC 1CF60D7A
    Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

enjoy!
I'm nice.

PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Отправлено: 08-06-2005, 18:58 (post 2, #427268)

Group: Privileged
Рейтинг:0%-----
Thx!

I'm nice.
:punk:
PM Users Website
Top Bottom
Topic Options