Mick Chillage - Tales From The Igloo (2009), WavPack - CUE, LOG, Covers
 Posted: 03-09-2009, 23:02 (post 1, #912019)

Pro Member

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Mick Chillage - Tales From The Igloo
Артист: Mick Chillage
Альбом: Tales From The Igloo, 2009
Издатель: Psychonavigation / PSY 031
Жанр: Ambient, Techno, Dub, IDM, Downtempo, Experimental, Abstract
Формат файла: WavPack (playable ZIP) - CUE, LOG, Covers embedded
Ссылка: CD 40 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
Примечание: To extract CUE, LOG and/or covers from this file, open it with WinZIP, WinRAR, or 7-Zip. For playback in separate tracks, open it in foobar2000.

TRACKLIST
 1. Hidden Landscape. . . . . . . . . . . .6:06
 2. Under The Ice . . . . . . . . . . . . .7:53
 3. Floating In Hyperspace. . . . . . . . .3:25
 4. Hypothermia . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4:37
 5. Disturbed Earth . . . . . . . . . . . .8:06
 6. Rotation. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4:28
 7. Gateway Station. . . . . . . . . . . .11:36
 8. Dubmarine . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .6:54
 9. Melting Emotion . . . . . . . . . . . .6:29
10. Northern Nights . . . . . . . . . . . .4:45
11. Precinct 14 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .6:21
12. The Final Storm [Pentatonik Remix]. . .5:23

SPOILER!

SPOILER!
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Gwelgoth, Pablos, bampy59, Minni, rits, ViziV, Arzo, fulcanelli
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 03-09-2009, 23:03 (post 2, #912020)

Pro Member

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Mick Chillage is one half of Dublin based radio DJ's The Chillage Idiots who have been playing a wide range of music within the spectrum of electronica on Dublins XFM.. Mick has been producing music since late 1996. His Influences are wide ranging from John Barry to Kraftwerk to Eno to Larry Heard & beyond so his productions cover a variety of genres, techno,house,electro, IDM, ambient, dub, minimal etc, sometimes fusing all these styles in to one track. His focus is mainly on atmosphere melody & emotion & prefers to create all this from scratch rather than sampling someone else's work.
Mick has released material including remixes for Herb, this-side net label, nice & nasty, DXR, static, unnamed, July 2009 sees the release of His debut album "Tales From The Igloo" on Dublin based electronic/ambient label Psychonavigation records.

Psychonavigation records presents the debut album from Mick Chillage. "Tales From The Igloo" is the result of almost 13 years of Mick Chillage experimenting with electronic sounds & structures while constantly redefining & perfecting his vision which draws from many influences, it also showcases an artist who is almost impossible to pigeon hole into any one specific genre.
The album is a collection of pieces created between 2005 & 2008 which were carefully chosen to display Mick Chillage's deeper, atmospheric & more emotional side. Mick blends Ambient, Electro, Techno, Dub & experimentalism to create a unique mixture of various moods, sometimes reaching epic wide screen scope. From the furthest outpost of distant galaxies on "Gateway Station" while returning to earth gracefully with the soulful electro blues of "Melting Emotion" to the disturbing dark environmental tones of "Disturbed Earth" & "Hypothermia", this is a wonderful trip. The album concludes on a high with a beautiful remix of "The Final Storm" by ambient pioneer Pentatonik.

Mick Chillage is a new artist on the electronic music scene although he has been producing music 13 years, with a name like "Chillage" and an album titled "Tales From The Igloo" plus its stunning artwork you can almost pre visualize what this album is about, well almost, rather than just delivering one ambient track after another Mick manages to bring almost every electronic genre imaginable to the album, from Dub to IDM to deep atmospheric ambient to electro which makes this a unique & deeply gratifying listen.
From the opener "Hidden Landscape" you are introduced to unfamiliar terrain with its sweeping glacial pads and creeping bassline and haunting distant cries of a distressed creature. From there the setting gets darker with the synthesized symphony of "Under The Ice" which rides along on the toughest electro industrial beats.
"Floating In Hyperspace" relaxes us with warm pads and a deep melodic bass and subtle electro drums.
"Hypothermia" and "Disturbed Earth" take you to some of the darkest places in your mind and are the kind music you would hear if you were actually freezing to death.
"Rotation" and "Gateway Station" are pure space music which owe as much to Tangerine Dream and Vangelis, as they do to modern ambient producers like Global Communication and Namlook, whilst creating a somewhat new direction in this genre.
The later half of the album picks up in pace and mood somewhat with "Dubmarine", a deep and dubby techno track with its infectious lead lines, then we are on to the soulful "Melting Emotion" where Mick blends slow motion electro and melodic IDM with startling results.
The album finishes off with "Precinct 14" which pays homage to John Carpenter's "Assault On Precinct 13" infamous bassline, rather than just doing a cover he takes it to a whole new level of emotion... ~ by william

I think I can kind of remember the reason I first got into Ambient Techno & was probably around the early 90s.
Im sure most of us can all remember a time when everything felt fresh, new & exciting to our ears.
I'd hear late night transmissions on KISS, or even through friends of mine on their tape decks & CDs round their houses. Excitingly being up late or sharing music that blew our minds. Great times!
I would say it would be right for me to point out that this album truly has me remembering times I got into this wondrous maze of music which was... Well... Electronica (If one can narrow all Genres down with this one word).
'Tales From The Igloo' really has me casting way back into my past & relieving memories/radio shows & events I thought had been lost forever, recanting lost feelings & the very sensation this music had on me initially, at an age of 18 or 19.
In my opinion this album really is as good you have heard... Enough for me to write about anyway.
I'll hear 'Rotation' & immediately take a trip down memory lane. Just an astounding track! Check it!
Thats just one highlight of an album that really arouses a sense of feeling, emotion & a sense of scope.
The way music felt to me in those special times. Kudos to Mick for exceptional work on this album.
Tracks: 'Hypothermia' & 'Disturbed Earth' are again just two other exemplary examples of the above too. Amazing production & once again simply evoking Artwork from the great Jeroen Advocaat.
What a collaboration! And it sums up the albums aesthetic cosily whether from inside an Igloo in the Northern hemisphere to looking out across a foreboding yet stunning glacial landscape, with good company, of course.
The album has strong essences of (early) Luke Slater & Rising High material in parts & Biosphere (to me amongst many).
Mick also drawing inspiration from his incredible FAX Records collection too, which only serves well to the album.
In a word: Amazing! ~ by Jonnie Darko
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options