Pages: (2) 1 [2] ( Show unread post )

>  Poll: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Vinyl DVD-A 24/96, 180 Gram Vinyl, Mastered by Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray

Нужно ли такое?
Да! [ 11 ]  [78.57%]
Нет, пущай лучче Олч добивает SACDшные рипы [ 3 ]  [21.43%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
 Posted on 14-03-2007, 09:34 (post 1, #724881)

меломан

Group: Prestige
Warn:0%-----
24 bit 96kHz vinyl transfer

user posted image

**Mastered from the original tapes by Steve Hoffman & Kevin Gray at AcousTech and pressed at RTI on 180 gram vinyl.

http://i.exigomusic.org/image/4448.jpg

Steve Hoffman on the mastering:
"I went for the "straight" approach this time with "Cosmos"

Many of the mixes sound different from each other, we can't change history. Some of the tracks have a bit too much bottom end, some (like "Up Around The Bend") have no low bass at all. When there really isn't any information down there, the worst thing to do is try and "fake it up". Just adds boom. Like on the MoFi. So, I left it alone.

At any rate, the LP pretty much sounds like the master mixes. You should be able to tell which songs were mixed at the same time. Also, that songs like "Ooby Dooby" and "My Baby Left Me" are a bit "softer" in the midrange than (let's say) 'Grapevine" Just like on the tape.

Yes, I guess I fix what I can, but in THIS case I'm the "caretaker" making sure that no harm comes to the fragile sound of the mixes. I mean simply that, if the treble is boosted, or the bass is mucked with, it really sounds it, because of the nice natural midrange built into the tapes. My job is to get that midrange (magic) onto the record, and let most of the other chips fall where they may.

And, in this case, you have a bunch of album tracks mixed at one time, plus some older funkier sounding "hit single" mixes spliced on. What I did (same for the DCC CD) is go for Fogerty's voice. If that makes it, everything else is in stone, whether it falls into place or not.

The best thing about this new cutting of Cosmo's Factory, is that it has a nice tone (as my Grandmother used to say about her Zenith phonograph) Even on "Run Through The Jungle" and "Up Around The Bend" the analog warmth is intact. As a mastering engineer, one's first instinct would be to brighten everything up, drum wise. I'm probably the only dude in history working with these tapes who resists that strong temptation every time"

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3895&highlight=Cosmos+Factory

Как делался винил рип (огромное спасибо RadioClash :hi:)
How this was transferred:

Vinyl >> Music Hall MMF-5 turntable with Goldring G1012 cartridge >> Yamaha RX-570 Receiver (phono preamp) >> Creative SB Live! 24-Bit External soundcard (24Bit\96kHz) >> Laptop

>> Recorded using Wavelab 5

>> Click Repair with light settings was used to clean up any clicks or pops (24 bit/96kHz)

-DeClick 25
-DeCrackle 0

>> Stray clicks and pops manually removed using Adobe Audition 2.0 (32 bit float/96kHz)

***No other Noise Restoration or EQ software was used***

>> DC Bias removed from all tracks using Adobe Audition 2.0 (32 bit float/96kHz)

>> Amplified using Adobe Audition 2.0 (32 bit float/96kHz}
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted on 16-03-2007, 22:51 (post 16, #725860)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Дорогой Юра мы все ценим твой непосильный вклад в нашу общую копилку. Очень рады, что пытаешься всячески приумножить количество столь интересных релизов. И не только количество, но и качество. Продолжай с тем же интузиазмом и рвением.........
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]