Joe Venuti and Zoot Sims (1974/75 Recordings) (1988), Chiaroscuro (CR(D) 142)
 Posted: 02-04-2009, 04:08 (post 1, #888196)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Joe Venuti and Zoot Sims - Joe Venuti and Zoot Sims
Артист: Joe Venuti and Zoot Sims
Альбом: Joe Venuti and Zoot Sims, 1988
Издатель: Chiaroscuro / (CR(D) 142)
Жанр: Jazz
Формат файла: EAC 0.99pb4, FLAC 1.2.1b, CUESheet, log, m3u Playlist, Complete HQ Artworks
Ссылка: CD 59 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
TRACKLIST
 1. My Honey's Lovin' Arms
 2. Deep Night
 3. Remember
 4. I Got Rhythm
 5. Avalon
 6. I Surrender Dear
 7. Wait 'Til I See Her
 8. Russian Lullaby
 9. Lady Of The Evening
10. Where Or When
11. Lover Come Back To Me
12. I'll See You In My Dreams
13. Don't Take Your Love From Me*
14. Shine

Notes: *Spiegle Wilcox, trombone/ Recorded at Downtown Sound in New York City in May 1975
Performers: Joe Venuti, violin; Zoot Sims, tenor sax; John Bunch, piano; Milt Hinton, bass; Bobby Rosengarden, drums; Spiegle Wilcox, trombone
Producer: Hank O'Neal
Mastered By: Jon Bates
Cover Design: John DeVries

Joe Venuti was the first great violinist of Jazz. The music he made with Eddie Lang would later be a major influence on Django Reinhardt and Stéphane Grappelli in France. He was born aboard a ship as his parents emigrated from Italy and trained to be a classical violinist from an early age. He met Eddie Lang in 1913 while attending school in Philadelphia and started a local group with him three years later. The two would go on to play and record with each other frequently up until Lang's death in 1933. Venuti played briefly with Red Nichols, toured with Jean Goldkette and played in the orchestra of many Broadway shows. He co-led a band with Eddie Lang off and on through most of the 1920's, that included Jimmy Dorsey, Red Nichols and Frank Signorelli of the Original Dixieland Jass Band. In 1929 he joined the Paul Whiteman Orchestra but was injured in an auto accident; he was able to re-join the band in 1930. Venuti was able to keep working as a musician the rest of his life. He enjoyed a resurgence of interest in the 1970s.

John Haley "Zoot" Sims, was an American jazz tenor saxophonist and soprano saxophonist.
He was born in Inglewood, California. Growing up in a vaudeville family, Sims learned to play both drums and clarinet at an early age. His father was a vaudeville hoofer, and Sims prided himself on remembering many of the steps his father taught him.
Following in the footsteps of Lester Young, Sims developed into an innovative tenor saxophonist. Throughout his career, he played with renowned bands, including Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Stan Kenton, and Buddy Rich. Sims was also one of Woody Herman's "Four Brothers", and he was known among his peers as one of the strongest swingers in the field. He frequently led his own combos and sometimes toured with his friend Gerry Mulligan's sextet, and later with Mulligan's Concert Jazz Band. Sims had a long, successful partnership as co-leader of a quintet with Al Cohn, which recorded under the name "Al and Zoot". That group was a favorite at the New York club "The Half Note." Late in his career, Sims added the soprano saxophone to his performances. Sims acquired the nickname "Zoot" early in his career while he was in the Kenny Baker band in California. The name was later appropriated for a sax-playing Muppet.

SPOILER (EAC Log)

Found: Great Thanks to the Original Releaser! :wink:

This post has been edited by one4seven on 02-04-2009, 04:10
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': borisrad, Гордый, Vp36nl, goka, Gwelgoth, Arzy, taurus66, ArCanon, spiderc@t, adjonja, arizonadream, worand, doremi, BioS, shatterhand, blade2k, veritas
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 18-11-2011, 16:53 (post 2, #1034988)

созерцатель
Forum moderator
Group: Netlab Soldier
Warn:0%-----
Милейший альбом,какая скрипка!!!!
И скачался мулом без проблем.
one4seven,спасибо :hi: (лучше поздно чем никогда :) )
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options