> Daft Punk - Electroma (2006) DVD5
 Posted: 25-01-2008, 19:12 (post 1, #814491)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Daft Punk - Electroma
Название: Daft Punk - Electroma
Информация: Electonic, 2006
Формат: DVD, PAL 16:9 (720x576) VBR, English (Dolby AC3, 6 ch),
Ссылка: Link
Нахождение: Torrent
Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter, the two founding members of the house electronica band Daft Punk, wrote and directed the memorably eccentric and bizarre sci fi opus Daft Punk's Electroma. Peter Hurteau and Michael Reich star as Hero Robot #1 and Hero Robot #2, two androids clad in ever-present motorcycle helmets. The two drive through the desert en route to Inyo County, CA, where the entire population, regardless of age, dresses in identical attire. Upon arrival in the town, the two enter a scientific facility where experimenters pour hot latex over their helmets to make nightmarish flesh-covered masks that infuriate town residents. The robots then embark on a lengthy trek across an endless expanse of salt flats.

One thing that will surprise Daft Punk fans (or those interested) is that this movie features no music by the band. This is unlike their previous effort Interstella 5555 which was an animated movie which was set to the Discovery album. When I saw this movie shown a month ago in the lead up to seeing Daft Punk live at a small gathering of Daft Punk fans, many left the theater mid movie. I think they missed the point of the film. It isn't about Daft Punk's music, but the story and ideas they have created of themselves being robots. This is paired with their latest album Human After All and the robot identities they established during their second album. Their is no dialogue and long scenes of the two main characters walking. This makes for a very challenging film, but I think their use of other artists’ music holds it together quite well. The story line is very simple, and style of the film has been compared to several others. Despite this not being a defining part of cinema, I do think it makes for a very interesting film in the self created folk law of Daft Punk.

At 74 minutes long, this film does feel like it drags. I'd hope you persist and not be tempted to fast-forward to the action (not that there is any as such). I will however say that the end scene is very striking and just plain cool! Review...

This post has been edited by gumpy on 26-01-2008, 16:17
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': tatuk, Damballah, angare
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 25-01-2008, 23:11 (post 2, #814603)

Voodoo child
Group: Netlab Soldier
Group: Netlab Soldier
А список песенков? :)
PM Email Poster Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 26-01-2008, 08:21 (post 3, #814662)

Group: Members
Из 'непотвержденных' источников:

Todd Rundgren - "International Feel"
Brian Eno - "In Dark Trees"
Curtis Mayfield - "Billy Jack"
Sébastien Tellier - "Universe"
Gregorio Allegri - "Miserere" (Performed by A Seivoci Ensemble)
Joseph Haydn - "String Quartet In E Flat Major Op.64, No.6" (Performed by The Kodaly Quartet)
Fryderyk Chopin - "No. 4 In E Minor [24 Preludes, Op.28]" (Performed by Adam Harasiewicz)
Linda Perhacs - "If You Were My Man"
Jackson C. Frank - "Dialogue"
Sébastien Tellier - "Universe"

I believe that to be the correct tracklist (order might be a wrong).
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options