> Pat Metheny With Dave Holland & Roy Haynes (p)1990, "Question And Answer"
 Posted: 11-05-2004, 19:19 (post 1, #260176)

JazzMan

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Артист:Pat Metheny With Dave Holland & Roy Haynes
Альбом:Question And Answer, 1990
Жанр:Jazz
Формат файла:APE (tracks)
Ссылка:CD 7 clicks
Нахождение:eDonkey
Примечание:Найдено все там же...

01. Solar
02. Question and Answer
03. H&H
04. Never Too Far Away
05. Law Years
06. Change of Heart
07. All the Things You Are
08. Old Folks
09. Three Flights Up

PM Email Poster Shared files
Top Bottom
 Posted: 11-05-2004, 19:21 (post 2, #260177)

JazzMan

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
This album is a long jam of 50% standards and 50% Metheny compositions. Great performance - great musicians! The sound gives you a feeling of being right there as it happens. It's recorded in only one day, and I know...that fact does not sound promising, but you must remember: These musicians are leading figures in modern jazz for a reason and they can definitely pull it off - This is perfect proof! Metheny, Holland and Haynes are extremely alert, you can definitely tell that this is something they've been doing their entire lives.
The standards "Solar", "All The Things You Are", and Metheny's "Three Flights Up" are very up-tempo, but still beautifully laid back in performance - no rushing or overplaying. "Three Flights Up" is played in over 300 bpm but the melody on guitar is very relaxed and dubbled with a vibraphone-like sound (possibly an instant effect), very beautiful. "H&H" is an entertaining piece (nice bass solo). As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a typical Metheny composition - the solos are played over a blues form, while the theme itself is played over an usual (sort of progressive) form - the simple idea of the ending is great! There are a couple of nice ballads, too. "Never Too Far Away" is a definite highlight. The authentic sounds of the whole recording will give you a warm chill. I wish more of my jazz albums would sound like this.

Тест очень доступный, переводить не стал. В общем, в двух словах - великая музыка великих музыкантов! smile.gif А вот (ИМХО) интересная подробность. Диск был записан за... один день. Никаких дублей, никаких подтяжек. Раз и готово.

This post has been edited by retro on 11-05-2004, 19:36
PM Email Poster Shared files
Top Bottom
Topic Options