Fever Tree, Fever Tree / Another Time, Another Place (1968/2006 Collector's Choice)
 Posted: 30-10-2008, 13:23 (post 1, #863560)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Fever Tree  - Fever Tree / Another Time, Another Place (1968/2006 Collector's Choice)
Артист: Fever Tree
Альбом: Fever Tree / Another Time, Another Place (1968/2006 Collector's Choice), 1968
Издатель: Collector's Choice / CCM 709
Жанр: Rock
Формат файла: EAC-WV-Cue-Scans-Rar
Ссылка: CD 14 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
The band hailed from Houston, Texas and started in 1966 as folk rock outfit, The Bostwick Vines. They changed their name to Fever Tree a year later after the addition of keyboard player Rob Landes.

Their fifteen minutes of fame arrived when their song "San Francisco Girls (Return of the Native)" reached #91 in the U.S. charts, sometime in late 1968. Like most of the band's material, it was written by the couple of Scott and Vivian Holtzman, who also were their producers. This four-minute track captured all the band's trademarks: Dennis Keller's incantation-like vocals, the quick shifting between slow parts with an almost sacral feeling and faster, more rock-oriented parts, and especially the searing guitar work by Michael Knust.

Fever Tree also released their self-titled debut album, Fever Tree, in 1968, which charted at #156. A second album, Another Time, Another Place, followed in 1969. Apart from "San Francisco Girls", they never had another hit, although they later also tried writing songs themselves when they had dropped the Holtzmans as producers. The group disbanded in 1970, but reformed in 1978 with only guitarist Michael Knust remaining from the original line-up. The new formation of the group had little commercial success; Fever Tree was not heard of again until 2003 when Michael Knust passed away.

Fever Tree's first two albums ("Fever Tree" and "Another Time, Another Place") were re-released on October 31, 2006.

CD
Though held in high esteem by '60s psych aficionados, this Houston band never met with much commercial success, only notching the #91 hit 'San Francisco Girls (Return of the Native)' in 1968. But part of the reason for that is also the reason these albums, their first two and only essential releases, are so much fun to listen to; this was a band with big ambitions, working classical and jazz influences and unusual instrumentation into the rock format well before such a thing became commonplace, pointing the way towards the prog-rock movement to come. We've added notes featuring quotes from multi-instrumentalist Rob Landes that set the scene...a Collectors' Choice Music exclusive! Includes `Imitation Situation 1 (Toccata and Fugue)/Where Do You Go?'; `San Franciscan Girls (Return of the Native)'; `Ninety-Nine and One-Half'; `Man Who Paints the Pictures'; `Filigree and Shadow'; `The Sun Also Rises'; `Day Tripper/We Can Work It Out'; `Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing'; `Unlock My Door'; `Come with Me (Rainsong)'; `Man Who Paints the Pictures II'; `What Time Did You Say It Is in Salt Lake City?'; `Don't Come Crying to Me Girl'; `Fever; Grand Candy Young Sweet'; `Jokes are for Sad People'; `I've Never Seen Evergreen'; `Peace of Mind', and `Death Is the Dancer'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJZndRfMQU

Track List:
1. Imitation Situation 1 (Toccata and Fugue)/Where Do You Go?
2. San Franciscan Girls (Return of the Native)
3. Ninety-Nine and One-Half - Fever Tree, Pickett, W.
4. Man Who Paints the Pictures
5. Filligree and Shadow
6. The Sun Also Rises
7. Day Tripper/We Can Work It Out - Fever Tree, Lennon, J.
8. Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing - Fever Tree, Young, N.
9. Unlock My Door
10. Come with Me (Rainsong)
11. Man Who Paints the Pictures II - Fever Tree, Knust, M.
12. What Time Did You Say It Is in Salt Lake City?
13. Don't Come Crying to Me Girl
14. Fever - Fever Tree, Davenport, John
15. Grand Candy Young Sweet - Fever Tree, Davis, F.
16. Jokes Are for Sad People
17. I've Never Seen Evergreen - Fever Tree, Knust, M.
18. Peace of Mind - Fever Tree, Woods, N.
19. Death Is the Dancer

SPOILER!
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Гордый, kars1954, Huddel, Siren, BioS, bvictor, alglebych
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options