Pages: (2) 1 [2] ( Show unread post )

> Arachnes 2003 "Primary Fear", интересный полусимфонический мелодичный павер
 Posted: 04-07-2004, 14:42 (post 1, #278691)

зломбный релизомби

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Артист:Arachnes
Альбом:Primary Fear, 2003
Жанр:melodic power
Формат файла:EAC/APE/rar
Ссылка:CD 2 clicks
Нахождение:eDonkey
Примечание:вопчем скажу так, очень приятственный альбом...

tracklist:
1. Osonzes
2. Battle to the victory
3. Primary fear
4. The warning
5. Still Waters
6. Thriller
7. To escape death
8. Not Fair (prelude)
9. Not Fair1
0.Tota Pulchra
11.My old refuge
12.My son and I
13.Running in the labyrinth
14.Eruption
15.Scherzo in E Minor

Label: Scarlet Records
Playing time: 50:46

-= Current Lineup =-

Vocals / Keyboards : Enzo Caruso
Guitar : Franco Caruso
Bass : Massimo Clementi
Drums : Jaco

ARACHNES' persistence is quite admirable, with the precision of a clockwork they release one album after the other and after last year's "Apocalypse" did not really convince, they put everything into "Primary Fear" to make up for that. With their by now fourth album I think that I can safely say that the quartet around the Caruso brothers have found their own style, which is Power Metal, but thankfully further and further away from the Italian uniformity that had been quite interesting in the beginning, but the because of the generic clones quickly grew stale.
The classical and symphonic elements have been furthered on "Primary Fear", but without sounding exaggerated or overblown, they are very nicely controlling everything and implement them into a very powerfully produced and a bit more down-to-earth sound. Who has RHAPSODY in the back of his head every now and then is not completely off, but especially when compared to their countrymen ARACHNES are a lot less extreme in their compositions.

Ok, here, too, we get keyboard cascades, soaring vocals, driving double-bass and big melodies, but on a different label and even though I did not really like their last album, I cannot help it but being gripped by "Primary Fear", the first three songs "Battle To The Victory", "Primary Fear" and especially the very strong "The Warning" alone have a lot of power under their arse and with the very well implemented symphonic and classical parts everything is very nicely loosened up on top of that. The already mentioned fat production from the guys themselves here definitely adds a lot to the whole.

Another difference between ARACHNES and many of their colleagues is also the quit extensive use of instrumental tracks, among the 15 songs there are 7 instrumentals, but contrary what one would fear now, these are very well incorporated into the overall context of the album. Additionally the Italians very nicely vary speed and all, which is very well expressed in the mid-paced, but very gripping "To Escape Death", which comes over very intense. Also the excellent ballad "My Son And I" has to be mentioned here as one of the absolute highlights of this album, very strong!

"Eruption" would be another song that I'd have to bring to your attention, a cover version of an absolute classic, a part of EMERSON, LAKE AND PALMER's "Tarkus", a lot more progressive, but with a class that shows what the guys are capable of.

If you hate Power Metal, then you will be able to throw "Primary Fear" right into the same fire, but if you have a liking for this style, then ARACHNES' latest definitely is more than just worth checking out! (Online November 7, 2003)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we have the latest release from this band from Italy
with the "strange" name but with an excellent music. Arachnes
plays progressive power metal. This albums have fifteen very
good songs. We can recognize some influences from Dream Theater,
Rhapsody and Avantasia but of course with their own sound. The members
of the band are very good, all they are teachers in odeums , so you can
easily recognize how good they are. I like the most of the songs but
some highlights are "Battle to the victory", "My old refuge" and "My son and I".
I recommend this album to all the fans of progressive/power metal scene.

PM Email Poster Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 26-07-2004, 01:04 (post 16, #284690)

Новичёк

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
А что начал то?

iGorR Да я в том смысле что в Августе в сети не буду.. а так надеюсь всё скачается....

Savatage.[1994].Handful.Of.Rain.By.Carpy.rar 0 clicks Этого осталось 780 Kb стянуть .... И MSG чуть более пятидесяти метров.... Но думаю успею....
PM Email Poster Shared files ICQ MSN
Top Bottom
Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]