Guns N' Roses - 1991 Use Your Illusion II, MFSL UDCD-712 спасибо Verbatim!
 Posted: 11-03-2006, 08:34 (post 1, #565019)

меломан

Group: Prestige
Warn:0%-----
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II
Артист: Guns N' Roses
Альбом: Use Your Illusion II, 1991
Жанр: Rock
Формат файла: [EAC.FLAC.CUE..LOG.COVERS]
Ссылка: CD 113 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
CODE
EAC extraction logfile from 10. March 2006, 19:42 for CD
Guns N' Roses / Use Your Illusion II MFSL Gold Disc

Used drive  : PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-712A   Adapter: 1  ID: 0
Read mode   : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 30
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : Yes

Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
                     44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo

Other options      : 
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
     Filename D:\Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II (1991) 
(MFSL 712)\Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II MFSL Gold Disc.wav

Peak level 100.0 %
     Range quality 100.0 %
     CRC 1EA44BCE
     Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

thnx to Verbatim for sharing this!
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 11-03-2006, 08:34 (post 2, #565020)

меломан

Group: Prestige
Warn:0%-----
user posted image

Tracklist
1. Civil War (7:42)
2. 14 Years (4:21)
3. Yesterdays (3:17)
4. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (5:36)
5. Get In The Ring (5:41)
6. Shotgun Blues (3:23)
7. Breakdown (7:04)
8. Pretty Tied Up (4:48)
9. Locomotive (8:42)
10. So Fine (4:07)
11. Estranged (9:24)
12. You Could Be Mine (5:43)
13. Don't Cry (ALT.LYRICS) (4:45)
14. My World (1:24)

Review
The in-famous double release from GUNS 'N ROSES. This Hard Rock/Glam Metal (depends on how you look at them) released one of the most important releases 1991, and not one, but two CDs worth of material came out at the same time.
M
Frankly, I think this is the superior disc out of the two "Illusion"-albums. One simple reason: Not as much fillers! Whence in the last one I would have skipped a good deal of tracks if given the choice, for this one, I just stop my CD player after the 12th song! I don't need another remake of "Don't Cry"......nor do I need to hear Axl Rose do rap on "My World". "So Fine" is just ok at best, but do you see where it's placed? Right before the best song on the album!

Bad songs aside, this CD as a whole just plain rocks out, but for some reason, the band decided to write some LOOOOOOOOONG songs. "Civil War", "Breakdown", "Locomotive" and "Estranged" (more on that song later) are all over 7 minutes long! The rest of the songs are in the normal Rock song length, being between 3 and 6 minutes long, "My World", but that song is pointless.

This album was also an indication to the world that Axl's ego was inflating and that he needed some SERIOUS anger management. "Shotgun Blues" is just a pointless insult fest for 3 and half minutes, with the band thrashing away while the crimson-haired singer is spewing threats towards people that scorn him. But "Get In The Ring" takes the cake. What's up with the red-headed ego-maniac to threaten and challenge to a fight a good deal of journalists who probably gave them a bad review, and by calling out with their names? The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, it makes the lyrical content of certain other songs on the album be taken less seriously, considering the fact that the same man who's singing about the futility of war and lack of respect in relationships is singing about beating the shit out of reviewers who gave the GUNS a bad review.

Other than that, the CD is rocking! I wanna know why the hell hasn't Izzy sung on more songs!! He has one of the best voices the world has ever seen. It's throaty, low, groovy and just plain cool (There is a rumor going on that Izzy, Slash and Duff are forming a band. C'mon Izzy, sing!). Slash also proves to the world that he IS, without a shadow of a doubt, amongst the greatest guitarists the world has ever seen. The lead guitar playing on "Estranged" sends shivers through my body every single time I listen to it and it's been doing that for the past 7 years! You don't need to have gone to Berkley to write good solos. Take your 32nd note harmonic minor scales and shove them up your rectal cavity! His playing is honest, bluesy and has the patented 'Les Paul guitar tone' that everyone knows and loves.

It's unfortunate that Axl's ego spun out of control during this period.....the band released a pointless cover album ("The Spaghetti Incident") then broke up (new G'n'R record my rear end!). Too bad, I guess...At least I can listen to this and remember a point in music history when Rock groups used to be able to play their instruments and not have to drop-tune their guitars...Sad world...
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options