Queen -(2oo3) Live At Wembley Stadium (2cd) (remaster), eac flac - rock
 Posted: 20-06-2006, 19:53 (post 1, #617955)

Pro Member

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Queen - Live At Wembley Stadium (2cd) (remaster)
Артист: Queen
Альбом: Live At Wembley Stadium (2cd) (remaster), 2003
Жанр: Rock
Формат файла: eac flac
Ссылка: CD 9 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia

Copy-protected so only a few people can rip it with EAC
:actu:

user posted image

Review by Greg Prato

The posthumously released two-disc Live at Wembley '86 proves once and for all that Queen was a superior live band, and like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, and others, had far too many hits to fit into a two-hour show. Recorded in the band's native England at the gigantic Wembley Stadium on the A Kind of Magic tour, the group was at their peak of popularity back home. This would unfortunately turn out to be the band's last tour, and it showed the group including old rock & roll covers, classics, then-current songs, improv, and overlooked album tracks. Queen opens up the show with the near-heavy-metal roar of "One Vision," and adds lively renditions of the well-known "Tie Your Mother Down," the David Bowie collaboration "Under Pressure," and the band's very first hit, "Seven Seas of Rhye." Also included on disc one is the early, forgotten show-closer "In the Lap of the Gods," the beautiful (and sadly prophetic) ballad "Who Wants to Live Forever," and a downright funky version of "Another One Bites the Dust." Disc two opens with a pair of acoustic numbers, including the perennial crowd fave "Love of My Life," but soon switches gears to some good old rock & roll covers. Spirited and fun versions of "You're So Square (Baby I Don't Care)" and "Tutti Frutti" expose Queen's roots, while the band's own "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" fits in perfectly with all the '50s hoopla. Casual fans will recognize "Bohemian Rhapsody," "Radio Ga Ga," and "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions." Although most Queen fans prefer the unfairly criticized 1979 concert album Live Killers, Live at Wembley '86 does a good job of balancing the well-known for the uninitiated and the lesser-known for the hard-core fan. (Note: Live at Wembley '86 should not to be confused with the double album/single-disc Live Magic, which was released in 1986 in England and 1996 in the U.S.) [The 2003 edition of Live at Wembley '86 adds four songs -- "A Kind of Magic," "Another One Bites the Dust," "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," and "Tavaski Szel Vizet Araszt" -- culled from other shows on the A Kind of Magic tour.]

EAC extraction logfile from 16. June 2006, 21:16 for CD
Queen / Live at Wembley Stadium (Disc 1)

Used drive : PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM Adapter: 1 ID: 0
Read mode : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 30
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : Yes

Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo

Other options :
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
Filename C:\RIPEOS EAC\Queen - Live at Wembley Stadium (Disc 1).wav

Peak level 98.0 %
Range quality 99.9 %
CRC D27D7B9D
Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

EAC extraction logfile from 16. June 2006, 21:25 for CD
Queen / Live At Wembley Stadium (Disc 2)

Used drive : PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM Adapter: 1 ID: 0
Read mode : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 30
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : Yes

Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo

Other options :
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
Filename C:\RIPEOS EAC\Queen - Live At Wembley Stadium (Disc 2).wav

Peak level 98.0 %
Range quality 100.0 %
CRC CF7E50AF
Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

full scans, 350 dpi. As always :drag:

:hi:
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Zemlynin, Shiza
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 20-06-2006, 20:49 (post 2, #617982)

Junior

Ty! :clap:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 21-06-2006, 23:48 (post 3, #618532)

Group: Privileged
Group: Privileged

My respect. :) What kind of protection?
PM Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 22-06-2006, 00:06 (post 4, #618543)

Pro Member

QUOTE (Zemlynin @ 21-06-2006, 23:48)

My respect. :) What kind of protection?
One of those cds labelled Copy Controlled. Most probably it must be Cactus Audio.

For EAC it is difficult to jump the protection unless you use an older version which supposedly did the trick. It depended on your CD-ROM reader; sometimes you could sometimes you could not. Could not try myself.

I ripped many Copy Controlled Megadeth Remasters and found NO way of ripping them with EAC: I tried 3 different cd readers to no avail.

I bought a Plextor Premium and, bang!! No more worries. That is the reason why Plextor stopped selling them (My opinion is that they "were forced" to do so) and they are hard to find.

Now Plextor have just released a second Plextor Premium but I do not know it these new "babies" can jump the protection easily as original Premimums do.

:hi:

PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 06-07-2006, 14:57 (post 5, #624690)

I converted to wave with no problem, wave file plays fine. But when burn to cd I get no sound on burned cd's. All tracks are good, player plays cd ok, just no sound. All my cd's play ok, bought or burned, just no sound on these 2. I burned with Nero. Anyone else have this problem after burning these 2 cd's to audio? :help:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 06-07-2006, 15:45 (post 6, #624711)

Pro Member

QUOTE (KillerRips @ 06-07-2006, 14:57)
I converted to wave with no problem, wave file plays fine. But when burn to cd I get no sound on burned cd's. All tracks are good, player plays cd ok, just no sound. All my cd's play ok, bought or burned, just no sound on these 2. I burned with Nero. Anyone else have this problem after burning these 2 cd's to audio? :help:
I asked some friends at WWR. I am waiting for thier answer. This is definitely most strange and CDs should play OK ans long as they play OK in the computer.

I will let you know if I find extra info on this subject.

Greetz.
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 06-07-2006, 16:09 (post 7, #624720)

Yes, the wave file plays ok on computer, but burned to audio cd, then no sound on computer or home cd player. It is funny that all tracks show up ok and it does play ok on computer but without sound. I burned another Queen MFSL cd at same time and it plays ok with sound, so it is not my burner or player problem I think. Thanks for checking on problem. :D

This post has been edited by KillerRips on 06-07-2006, 16:12
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 06-07-2006, 16:29 (post 8, #624729)

Pro Member

1.- I decided to waste a CD just to try for myself. When there is a problem with one of my releases I consider it my moral duty to try and find out how to solve the problem.

2.- I converted Disc 1 to wav with the Frontend. I did not use the Nero plugin.

3.- Burnt the Image using the cue for WAV, of course.

4.- My Nero version is 7.0.8.2.

5.- I decided to push it further and recorded at 52x.

6.- Used media was Verbatim DataLife 48x.

7.- Played the CD in two different Hi-Fi players: sounds OK. Tested also the Home Cinema DVD Player and a portable CD player: sounds OK too.

8.- I hope some users of this forum can offer feedback too. I am still waiting for my friends' feedback at WWR.

9.- Right now I am at a loss and do not know what else to say. Maybe, change cd-r media for those particular cds.

This is all for now.

Greetings again.

This post has been edited by Keykey on 06-07-2006, 16:30
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 06-07-2006, 17:07 (post 9, #624747)

I burned with TY @16X no sound
I burned with Verbatim @ 8X no sound
I'll try TY cdr @8X again.

:)
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 06-07-2006, 17:57 (post 10, #624775)

Now this is strange :hmmm:

I have 2 DVDRW burners.
NEC 3500
Lite-On 16935

I burned again on my NEC and sound ok. :D
I burned on my Lite-On and no sound :(
I burned Wings - Band On The Run and Queen MFSL on my Lite-On and sound ok

My Lite-On alway have trouble with Copy Controlled cd and EAC to rip. My NEC works ok with Copyguard and EAC. I would not think a cd already ripped and converted to lossless then converted back to wave would still have copygaurd on it. :fear2: All is ok now as long as I burn on my NEC burner. :D

Thanks for the rip and time to check this out. :punk:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options