John Lee Hooker - The Healer (1989), MFSL UDCDII 567 24Kt. Gold Disc
 Posted: 27-01-2008, 09:55 (post 1, #814870)

Advanced

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
John Lee Hooker - The Healer
Артист: John Lee Hooker
Альбом: The Healer, 1989
Издатель: MFSL / UDCDII 567
Жанр: Blues
Формат файла: iso.wv, covers
Ссылка 1: CD 1 272 clicks
Ссылка 2: CD 2
Нахождение: eDonkey/Torrent
Примечание: Repack, CueTools
TRACKLIST
 1. The Healer -. . . . . . . . . .5:40
 2. I'm In The Mood - . . . . . . .4:31
 3. Baby Lee -. . . . . . . . . . .3:45
 4. Cuttin' Out - . . . . . . . . .4:37
 5. Think Twice Before You Go - . .3:01
 6. Sally Mae - . . . . . . . . . .3:18
 7. That's Alright -. . . . . . . .4:24
 8. Rockin' Chair - . . . . . . . .4:09
 9. My Dream -. . . . . . . . . . .4:07
10. No Substitute - . . . . . . . .4:06
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Гордый, Keykey, runo, ns38, BioS, OlCh, kars1954, Berk, Crassimo, Vp36nl, LF_, yury_usa, Mordenkainen, Lurker, pepelasal, bigkoala, rmask, Dinos, illario, sam7on, neilwaters, arizonadream
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 27-01-2008, 09:58 (post 2, #814871)

Advanced

Log
SPOILER!

Review (Amazon)
Putting an older artist together with younger blood is mostly a gimmick in the record business. The older artist gets an introduction to a new audience, the younger ones get a little reflected glory. But in this case, it is no gimmick, just a lot of terrific musicians who obviously love and respect each other and play beautifully together. John Lee Hooker had one of the most gorgeous, hypnotic voices of all blues singers, and unlike most, he did not lose a thing with age. I find his voice one of the most soothing things in the world to listen to (The Healer is a perfect title, Hooker's voice could heal anything.) And the guest artists on here are incredible. Carlos Santana. Bonnie Raitt. Robert Cray. Los Lobos. George Thorogood. Charlie Musselwhite. In each case, playing with Hooker brings out the best in them. I am not a big Bonnie Raitt fan (I love her early stuff, but not her more recent pop albums), but her duet with Hooker on I'm In The Mood is just about the bluesiest and deepest I have ever heard her sing. Los Lobos and George Thorogood are as tough as ever. And the Latin tinge that Santana lends to the title song is just gorgeous. This is a must have album for anyone who loves blues or classic rock

user posted image
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 28-07-2009, 11:42 (post 3, #906931)

.. Спасибо!
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options