Zbigniew Namyslowski - Air Condition (1981/2001), EAC-APE-CUE-LOG-HQCovers | CD 267
 Отправлено: 12-05-2009, 13:26 (post 1, #894131)

Рейтинг:0%-----
Zbigniew Namyslowski - Air Condition
Артист: Zbigniew Namyslowski
Альбом: Air Condition, 2001
Издатель: Polonia Records / CD 267
Жанр: Jazz
Формат файла: EAC-APE-CUE-LOG-HQCovers
Ссылка: CD 20 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
Tracklist:
1. Speed Limit [4:00]
2. Convenient Circumstances [6:00]
3. Pretty Dowseress [5:05]
4. Play It To Me [3:45]
5. Dilemma [6:20]
6. Ladderman [4:20]
7. We'll Have Nice Day [7:55]

All selections composed and arranged by Zbigniew Namyslowski
Recorded 1981, Warsaw, Poland
Recorded and mixed by Andrzej Poniatowski
CD Produced by Stanislaw Sobola
Design: Kacper Ziolkowski

Personnel:
Zbigniew Namyslowski - alto & sopranino sax
Adzik Sendecki - keyboards
Krzysztof Scieranski - bass guitar
Dariusz Kozakiewicz - guitar
Andrzej Mrowiec - drums
Malina - percussion

SPOILER!

Zbigniew Namyslowski is a giant of Polish Jazz.. The quote from Willis Conover himself says enough: 'When I first visited Poland, I was quite unprepared to hear Polish musicians at so high level. Namyslowski was clearly the best. International voting has proved that audiences in Europe recognize the best Polish musician as among the best anywhere in the world. He honors 3 traditions, of jazz, of Polish, of himself . Anyone who misses Namyslowski is missing a unique source of creativity in 20th century. Namyslowski is a giant!'
Namyslowski is a master of many instruments, from from the age of four he played piano, he mastered cello at twelve, then studied music theory in Warsaw. He initially (1950s) played trombone in Polish Dixieland, and in 1960s took up alto saxophone and ventured into modern jazz joining Andrzej Trzaskowski's hard bop group the Jazz Wreckers. In 1963 he formed his first quartet, with whom her recorded groundbreaking album 'Lola' for England's Decca label.
Namyslowski cites John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Wayne Shorter, and Joe Henderson as his favorite musicians but also draws inspiration from other sources, including blues, rock, and traditional Polish, Balkan, and Indian music. Namyslowski is also a very successful composer, including genres outside of jazz and encompassing anything from Polish version of funk to sophisticated pop music. In the field of composition, Namyslowski has created his own unique and easily recognizable language: the harmonic language, the swing that goes beyond the scale of musical transcription, the jazz tradition, and his always present appreciation of Polish music folklore.
Besides being a ground breaking visionary of Polish Jazz, his role in Polish Jazz could be compared to Art Blakely's Jazz Messengers impact on jazz history - he become a distinguished mentor of young musicians. The number of musicians who passed through various Namyslowski's bands is long, and includes abundance of Polish Jazz jazz diamonds, some of them include: pianists: Wojciech Gogolewski, Adam Makowicz, Wojciech Karolak, Adzik Sendecki, Leszek Mozdzer, and Slawek Jaskulke; bass players: Janusz Kozlowski, Pawel Jarzebski, Darek Oleszkiewicz, Krzysztof Scieranski; drummers: Czeslaw 'Maly' Bartkowski, Kazimierz Jonkisz, Jerzy Glod, and Grzegorz Grzyb.
Until today Namyslowski remains himself and always refining for his own musical language. To quote Maestro Namyslowski himself: 'to be successful, it is no longer enough to play Horace Silver themes. One shouldn't play material borrowed from records (...) I founded my own quartet and created my music to play what I want to and how I want to'. (chazzforjazz.com)

Extractor: Exact Audio Copy v0.99pb3
Codec: Monkey's Audio 3.97
Compression: High Lossless
Total Time: 37:29
Ripper: SurowyTato
Пожалуйста найдите секундочку на то, чтобы поблагодарить релизера за его работу, нажмите кнопку 'Спасибо'
Следующие пользователи сказали 'Спасибо!': desito
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options