Divinefire 2005, Hero
 Posted: 18-01-2007, 01:37 (post 1, #702619)

зломбный релизомби

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Divinefire  - Hero
Артист: Divinefire
Альбом: Hero, 2005
Жанр: symphonic power metal
Формат файла: eac/ape/covers/rar
Ссылка 1: CD 1 3 clicks
Ссылка 2: CD 2
Нахождение: eDonkey/Torrent
trax:

1.Resurrection
2.Secret Weapon
3.Divinefire
4.Hero
5.United As One
6.Leaving The Shadows
7.Open Your Eyes
8.New Beginning
9.Cryptic Passages
10.The Show Must Go On

Label: AOR Heaven / Soulfood

Every now and again, honest hard-working people dó get rewarded! In the last couple of years, Christian Rivel 's work load was simply astounding! Besides working on a The Sweet tribute compilation, he was active in his band Narnia, worked on the Audiovision album, and did this little project on the side, while also releasing several other albums through his own Rivel Records. DivineFire became the success story every musician dreams of, when the album was enthousiastically received and licenced by King Records in Japan for a December 2004 release, as it also opened the way for the Audiovision album. Not long after releasing the DivineFire album on his own label for European distribution in January of this year, the label as a whole got licenced through Metal Heaven, with an additional release through that label as a result in June, making the album available a bit easier now, and with a video for "The World's On Fire" as a bonus. With ever increasing requests for live appearances of this studio project, the DivineFire core trio of singer Christian Rivel , multi-instrumentalist Jani Stefanovic, and bassist Andreas Olsson went in search for the appropriate additional members, which they found in guitarist Patrik Gardberg, keyboardist Anders Berlin, and drummer Andreas Johansson. Gardberg, they found through the guy who owns the studio where they record. This young guitar hero plays a style remeniscent of John Petrucci, Michael Romeo, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Steve Vai, and is a true asset to the band, as the Neo-classical guitar parts have now increased in the band's music! Berlin has played with several bands in Sweden, including Eclipse & Timescape, while Johansson has played with Rob Rock. In other words, they got themself some tremendously good and seasoned additional musicans!

As for the material on the new album, one might say the music's slightly more agressive than on the debut. I mean, on thàt album, you had the calmer opener and closing tracks, which consisted solely of spoken words, soft keyboards, and some additional percussion. Plus, with "Pay It Forward", the band díd have a semi-ballad with moderate pace. On "Hero", you only get 'softer' parts during the song "United As One", but the term ballad does not really apply to the song as a whole! As mentioned before, there's no an increase in the use of Neo-Classical guitar lead parts and solos, which makes my assumption that the new members may have joined the Holy Trinity of the band in the studio quite viable! For the rest, things are pretty much the same as on the debut album! As before, agressive guitars are blended with the Symphonic Neo-classical keyboards (now enhanced by those additional guitar leads and solos) and Christian's heavenly clear and powerful voice to make for an absolutely irresistable mixture! As before, Christian gets some nice vocal backings, and there's of course again 2 tracks ("Secret Weapon" & "New Beginning") with growled backing (no credits for that, but I guess Christian's brother Hubertus was only happy to help out again).

Still, there's more differences when comparing the band's albums, as they now have a great instrumental (great violin/ cello & harpsichord organ in the opening, great – Neo-Classical – guitar melodies in the rest of the track) with which they finish the actual album. DivinFire now also have their band anthem song with "DivineFire". Incredible how that melody has followed me around for days...while I was reviewing óther albums as well! I must say, the Christian messages come through very clear on DivineFire albums, but the band still missed an anthemic tune! A discrepansy which has now ben removed! As a bonus, the band closes the album with an incredible cover of Queen's "The Show Must Go On", for which additional singers Thomas Vikström (also backing vocals on first album and Audiovision record) and Maria Rädsten (who had a hit album with her Pop band OneMoreTime and the album "Highland"in the early '90s). Covered in the same style as the rest of their songs, you can immagine the hugeness added to the already majestic original, even if Christian can't really top Freddy Mercury...but then thàt guy really had a pretty unique voice! Still, as a whole, the new DivineFire is a step forward and onward from the debut record, and if indeed the guys have every reason to be proud of the new product they delivered, I can only top that by giving the album a top rating (which IS slightly more than I gave the debut, if you can remember) and a nomination for that 'Best Albums Of 2005' list of mine!
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': jocker, the_gift, Keykey, Dmitro
PM Email Poster Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 18-01-2007, 01:38 (post 2, #702620)

зломбный релизомби

CODE
EAC extraction logfile from 17. January 2007, 17:19 for CD
Divinefire / Hero

Used drive  : SONY    DVD RW DW-Q28A   Adapter: 4  ID: 0
Read mode   : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Combined read/write offset correction : 12
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
                     44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo

Other options      : 
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
     Filename G:\Incoming\Divinefire - Hero.wav

Peak level 100.0 %
     Range quality 99.9 %
     CRC 488D172F
     Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report
Top Bottom
 Posted: 20-01-2007, 05:04 (post 3, #703527)

Hand of Doom
Group: Roots
Играют неподетски, а вот текстик... Тематика не слишком характерная для этого музыкального стиля :) Чего это они?
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 20-01-2007, 07:24 (post 4, #703537)

зломбный релизомби

QUOTE (LF_ @ 20-01-2007, 03:04)
Играют неподетски, а вот текстик... Тематика не слишком характерная для этого музыкального стиля :) Чего это они?
имеешь ввиду мрачное содержание?... одиночество и поиск убежища... и все такое?... подходящее больше для дета?...
Top Bottom
 Posted: 20-01-2007, 16:08 (post 5, #703623)

Hand of Doom
там они что-то часто взывают - молитвы прямо .... металлические ;)
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options