Lee Perry & Friends - Ethiopia (1998), EAC-FLAC-CUE-LOG-HQCovers | CDUB7
 Posted: 23-11-2009, 00:57 (post 1, #928593)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Lee Perry & Friends - Ethiopia
Артист: Lee Perry & Friends
Альбом: Ethiopia, 1998
Издатель: Orange Street / CDUB7
Жанр: Reggae, Dub
Формат файла: EAC-FLAC-CUE-LOG-HQCovers
Ссылка: CD 20 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
Tracklist:
01. Stay Red (Lee Perry) [2:27]
02. Ethiopia (Aisha Morrison) [3:44]
03. I Am I Said (Bunny Ruggs) [2:55]
04. How Deep Is Your Love (Silvertones) [3:06]
05. News Splash (Leo Graham & The Upsetters) [3:01]
06. Power To The Children (Lee Perry) [2:57]
07. Give Praises (Silvertones) [2:02]
08. Irie Irie (Leo Graham) [2:51]
09. Let Love Touch Us Now (Bunny Ruggs) [3:02]
10. Want-A-Wine (Leo Graham) [2:05]
11. I'll Take You Home (Silvertones) [3:36]
12. Bless The Weed (Upsetters) [2:43]
13. Mumbling & Grumbling (Silvertones) [2:58]
14. Thanks We Get (Upsetters) [2:34]

Orange Street Recordings is a division of New Millennium Communications Limited
Recorded at Black Ark Studio, Kingston, Jamaica
Produced by Lee Perry
Executive Producer Aisha Morrison
Compiled by Desmond Bryan

Recorded at Black Ark Studio, Kingston, Jamaica. A curious but rewarding mishmash, ETHIOPIA collects rare singles and unreleased tracks produced during the '70s by Lee Perry at his famed Black Ark Studios in Kingston, Jamaica. Most of the album features Perry's own songs, but excellent tunes by Aisha Morrison, Bunny Ruggs, The Silvertones-with a surprisingly faithful cover of the Bee Gees' "How Deep Is Your Love"-and Leo Graham are welcome additions. Recorded during what many consider Perry's greatest era, the songs on ETHIOPIA, while not dub versions themselves, are thick with the slow-moving dread of Perry's best dub work. Highlights include the Rasta-sanctified "Give Praises" and "Bless The Weed" and the considerably more earthy "I'll Take You Home." Dub fans should note that the opening track, "Stay Red," has been the basis for several Perry dubs. (deepdiscount.com)

Just when you think you've probably heard all of the material recorded by Lee Perry at his legendary Black Ark studio, another collection pops up with tracks you haven't heard by artists you've never heard of. This one includes a few frequently collected classics (Perry's own "Stay Red," the Upsetters' "Thanks We Get"), but most of the program is less familiar - future Third World vocalist Bunny Ruggs covers "I Am I Said," and there's the repatriation anthem "Ethiopia," just to name two obscurities. Actually, one or two of these tracks could have remained buried and it wouldn't have hurt anyone - the Silvertones' excruciatingly polytonal rendition of "How Deep Is Your Love," for example - but most of this material is priceless. Other highlights include Leo Graham's classic "News Flash" (listed here as "News Splash") and the Upsetters' creepy horticultural anthem "Bless the Weed." Everything partakes of the signature Black Ark ambience: the splashy echo, the eerie, slightly distant vocal mix, and that slight edge of utter madness that characterizes every session over which the mighty Upsetter presides. (by Rick Anderson, AMG)

SPOILER!

Extractor: Exact Audio Copy v0.99pb5
Codec: Free Lossless Audio Codec v1.2.1
Scans: HQCovers JPG 600dpi
Total Time: 40:06
Ripper: SurowyTato
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': mitay, ronis, ArCanon
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 29-11-2009, 17:25 (post 2, #930239)

Вот так вот...
Group: Netlab Soldier
Group: Netlab Soldier
Warn:0%-----
Глюки в куе? Вместо 8-го проигрывается 9-й трек и т.д.
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options