>  Poll: PANTERA / 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell, DVD-9 NTSC

Оно Вам надо?
надо [ 2 ]  [50.00%]
очень надо [ 1 ]  [25.00%]
дайте две [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
мне бы "Руки вверх" [ 1 ]  [25.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
 Posted on 29-08-2006, 22:51 (post 1, #647073)

Advanced

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
3 Vulgar Videos From Hell / 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell
Название: 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell / 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell
Информация:
Формат: DVD-9, 7.63 GB (8,196,492,947 bytes), NTSC, 2-ch AC3,
# 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell
because it contains all three of Pantera's longform videos on it. That’s right, for $25 you get 245 minutes of Pantera-- over 4 HOURS(!). As a bonus to the original three home videos, you also get 3 live songs from the band’s performance at the Monsters of Rock festival from Moscow.

Each separate video consists of approximately one quarter music videos, and three-quarters home videos. The music is great. The music videos on the disc sound crystal clear – they’re loud, clean, and heavy. Unfortunately, because of the source (camcorders), a lot of the live footage sounds awful. Still, it’s cool to see a band like this doing what they do.

The home videos are disturbing, to say the least. As a kid, I was scared to death the fist time I saw Kiss in their makeup – but the first time I saw them out of character on TV, I realized that the Kiss I saw onstage was just an act, and that off stage, they were quite normal. If you think this holds true about Pantera, you are very, very wrong. In fact, after watching these videos, it seems to me that the members of Pantera probably have to calm down a bit to get onstage and play music!

So what do the members of Pantera do in between shows? They throw dummies off of balconies. They light each other on fire, sometimes while asleep. They take craps out in the woods. They set off the band’s extra pyrotechnics. They light off firecrackers and throw them at each other. They drink beer. They smoke weed. They look at boobies at the strip club they co-own. They destroy hotel rooms. They destroy lots of things. They yell cusswords at religious groups who show up in their hotel room to pray for them. They hang out with a lot of other rock stars, including members of Kiss, Skid Row, White Zombie, Judas Priest, Slayer, and more. They probably do a lot of other things as well – but this is just some of the fun that’s presented on the disc. The box claims that this disc is unrated, but it meets all the requirements for at least an R rating.

Watching the videos is pretty funny, if you can get over the associated guilt. Normal people like you and me were taught that it’s not nice to take semi-automatic BB pistols and destroy hotel rooms. So while what’s left of the rebellious teenager in me thinks it’s funny when adults put on a football helmet and see how many (working) light bulbs they can smash with their heads, the responsible adult in me knows that (a) someone has to pay for that, and equally important, (b) someone has to clean it up.

My biggest complaint about this disc has GOT to be the lack of a "Chapter Selection" feature. Each of the 4 selections from the main menu is 1 SINGLE TRACK. In that respect, they did stay pretty close to the original VHS format, because if you want to skip ahead to view a particular video or scene, you are going to have to hold down skip until you find it. I guess in theory you could write down the times of your favorite moments, and then later skip forward to those times-- sounds like whoever laid out spent a little too much time hanging out with the band smoking the wacky tobacky, and not enough time thinking about the layout of this disc. I could mention the "more information" icon you can click on, which scrolls by the copyright information and a few Pantera web site addresses, but it barely deserves mentioning.

The quantity and quality of the video presented here makes me want to rate this an 8 out of 10, although I do think it’s terrible that young kids can walk in off the street and buy this, since it’s unrated. This is really a great bargain, being able to pick up all three home videos on one single disc, instead of milking it out into three separate purchases, like most bands would. It’s a Pantera fan’s dream, and every parent’s nightmare. But the lack of a chapter skipping feature is extremely annoying.

Set List:

* Cowboys from Hell
* Psycho Holiday
* Cemetery Gates
* Heresy (live)
* Act of Shredding (live)
* Domination (live)
* Planet Caravan
* I'm Broken
* 5 Minutes Alone
* Drag the Waters
* Mouth for War
* This Love
* Walk

and three more live performances from the Moscow Monsters of Rock Festival:

* Cowboys from Hell
* Primal Concrete Sledge
* Domination

7 out of 10

The Video
The video here comes from several sources. The professional-quality videos look great, but that just makes up roughly a quarter of the disc. The rest comes from mostly camcorder and home movies, and the video shows it. In other words, any problems in the video weren’t introduced during the DVD conversion – they already existed. In keeping with the VHS theme, the whole show is presented in 1:33:1 – a fancy way of writing "full screen".
7 out of 10

The Audio
The home footage quality audio differs between segments. A couple of portions I would rate as low as 2 or 3, especially camcorder recordings of live performances (the Skid Row BBQ comes to mind). Most of it is decent.

The professional videos, however, sound OUTSTANDING. The whole disc is presented in Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo, and it sounds awesome. If you have a 5.1 setup with a subwoofer, it sounds even better. The Matrix lobby scene is still my "you’ve never seen DVD before? Well listen to this!" scene, but if your friends like Pantera, the videos in here could be a close second. As I mentioned before, there is no chapter selection possible, so your friends will have to wait as you skip forward to find just the right video to impress them with.
9 out of 10 (on the professional segments) 6 out of 10 everywhere else.

The Extras
Extras, huh? Well let’s see, can you count "it came in a box" as an extra? Or how about "well, it has a menu, that’s kind of an extra." No. No, no, no! I’m tired of reading reviews from people who write, "well, it had one trailer, and not much else" and having them giving it 5/10 points! The bottom line here is, you put this disc into your player, and you get to choose one out of four home movies. That’s not extra, that’s what it’s supposed to do. Upon spin up, there is a 10 second slide show that shows Pantera’s album covers to date – whoopie! There is also the "additional info" choice, which as I mentioned scrolls by a few Pantera websites and some additional copyright information. That’s it. There are no additional clips, sounds, animations ... even a chapter list, audio setup, or subtitles, which I even see as a stretch when calling those things "extra".
1 out of 10

The bottom line here is, if you are a Pantera fan, you should probably pick up this disc. It’s a quick and painless (at around $25) to get all three of Pantera’s home videos, and the bonus Moscow footage (much of which is used throughout the other videos). You could rent this one first, but at over four hours long it would be tough to sit through the entire thing at once. You know who you are. This disc is only for the brave at heart (and stomach). Those who think Metallica is heading in the right direction by joining up with a symphony need not apply.

-- Rob O’Hara (contributing writer) has never set anyone else (or himself) on fire. http://dvd.ign.com/articles/037/037376p1.html.

Enjoy this all you Pantera Fans

Упёрто с Pedro's BTMusic Tracker
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted on 30-08-2006, 10:36 (post 2, #647211)

b r a 2 h a

QUOTE (Cerberus @ 29-08-2006, 22:51)
# 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell
because it contains all three of Pantera's longform videos on it. That’s right, for $25 you get 245 minutes of Pantera-- over 4 HOURS(!). As a bonus to the original three home videos, you also get 3 live songs from the band’s performance at the Monsters of Rock festival from Moscow.

Each separate video consists of approximately one quarter music videos, and three-quarters home videos. The music is great. The music videos on the disc sound crystal clear – they’re loud, clean, and heavy. Unfortunately, because of the source (camcorders), a lot of the live footage sounds awful. Still, it’s cool to see a band like this doing what they do.

The home videos are disturbing, to say the least. As a kid, I was scared to death the fist time I saw Kiss in their makeup – but the first time I saw them out of character on TV, I realized that the Kiss I saw onstage was just an act, and that off stage, they were quite normal. If you think this holds true about Pantera, you are very, very wrong. In fact, after watching these videos, it seems to me that the members of Pantera probably have to calm down a bit to get onstage and play music!

So what do the members of Pantera do in between shows? They throw dummies off of balconies. They light each other on fire, sometimes while asleep. They take craps out in the woods. They set off the band’s extra pyrotechnics. They light off firecrackers and throw them at each other. They drink beer. They smoke weed. They look at boobies at the strip club they co-own. They destroy hotel rooms. They destroy lots of things. They yell cusswords at religious groups who show up in their hotel room to pray for them. They hang out with a lot of other rock stars, including members of Kiss, Skid Row, White Zombie, Judas Priest, Slayer, and more. They probably do a lot of other things as well – but this is just some of the fun that’s presented on the disc. The box claims that this disc is unrated, but it meets all the requirements for at least an R rating.

Watching the videos is pretty funny, if you can get over the associated guilt. Normal people like you and me were taught that it’s not nice to take semi-automatic BB pistols and destroy hotel rooms. So while what’s left of the rebellious teenager in me thinks it’s funny when adults put on a football helmet and see how many (working) light bulbs they can smash with their heads, the responsible adult in me knows that (a) someone has to pay for that, and equally important, (b) someone has to clean it up.

My biggest complaint about this disc has GOT to be the lack of a "Chapter Selection" feature. Each of the 4 selections from the main menu is 1 SINGLE TRACK. In that respect, they did stay pretty close to the original VHS format, because if you want to skip ahead to view a particular video or scene, you are going to have to hold down skip until you find it. I guess in theory you could write down the times of your favorite moments, and then later skip forward to those times-- sounds like whoever laid out spent a little too much time hanging out with the band smoking the wacky tobacky, and not enough time thinking about the layout of this disc. I could mention the "more information" icon you can click on, which scrolls by the copyright information and a few Pantera web site addresses, but it barely deserves mentioning.

The quantity and quality of the video presented here makes me want to rate this an 8 out of 10, although I do think it’s terrible that young kids can walk in off the street and buy this, since it’s unrated. This is really a great bargain, being able to pick up all three home videos on one single disc, instead of milking it out into three separate purchases, like most bands would. It’s a Pantera fan’s dream, and every parent’s nightmare. But the lack of a chapter skipping feature is extremely annoying.

Set List:

* Cowboys from Hell
* Psycho Holiday
* Cemetery Gates
* Heresy (live)
* Act of Shredding (live)
* Domination (live)
* Planet Caravan
* I'm Broken
* 5 Minutes Alone
* Drag the Waters
* Mouth for War
* This Love
* Walk

and three more live performances from the Moscow Monsters of Rock Festival:

* Cowboys from Hell
* Primal Concrete Sledge
* Domination

7 out of 10

The Video
The video here comes from several sources. The professional-quality videos look great, but that just makes up roughly a quarter of the disc. The rest comes from mostly camcorder and home movies, and the video shows it. In other words, any problems in the video weren’t introduced during the DVD conversion – they already existed. In keeping with the VHS theme, the whole show is presented in 1:33:1 – a fancy way of writing "full screen".
7 out of 10

The Audio
The home footage quality audio differs between segments. A couple of portions I would rate as low as 2 or 3, especially camcorder recordings of live performances (the Skid Row BBQ comes to mind). Most of it is decent.

The professional videos, however, sound OUTSTANDING. The whole disc is presented in Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo, and it sounds awesome. If you have a 5.1 setup with a subwoofer, it sounds even better. The Matrix lobby scene is still my "you’ve never seen DVD before? Well listen to this!" scene, but if your friends like Pantera, the videos in here could be a close second. As I mentioned before, there is no chapter selection possible, so your friends will have to wait as you skip forward to find just the right video to impress them with.
9 out of 10 (on the professional segments) 6 out of 10 everywhere else.

The Extras
Extras, huh? Well let’s see, can you count "it came in a box" as an extra? Or how about "well, it has a menu, that’s kind of an extra." No. No, no, no! I’m tired of reading reviews from people who write, "well, it had one trailer, and not much else" and having them giving it 5/10 points! The bottom line here is, you put this disc into your player, and you get to choose one out of four home movies. That’s not extra, that’s what it’s supposed to do. Upon spin up, there is a 10 second slide show that shows Pantera’s album covers to date – whoopie! There is also the "additional info" choice, which as I mentioned scrolls by a few Pantera websites and some additional copyright information. That’s it. There are no additional clips, sounds, animations ... even a chapter list, audio setup, or subtitles, which I even see as a stretch when calling those things "extra".
1 out of 10

The bottom line here is, if you are a Pantera fan, you should probably pick up this disc. It’s a quick and painless (at around $25) to get all three of Pantera’s home videos, and the bonus Moscow footage (much of which is used throughout the other videos). You could rent this one first, but at over four hours long it would be tough to sit through the entire thing at once. You know who you are. This disc is only for the brave at heart (and stomach). Those who think Metallica is heading in the right direction by joining up with a symphony need not apply.

-- Rob O’Hara (contributing writer) has never set anyone else (or himself) on fire. http://dvd.ign.com/articles/037/037376p1.html.

Enjoy this all you Pantera Fans

Упёрто с Pedro's BTMusic Tracker
Че-то я вот не понял :cool: Это ты сейчас с кем разговаривал ? :lol:

p.s. in russian pls
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted on 01-09-2006, 23:39 (post 3, #648183)

Advanced

Просьба к модераторам - закрыть /удалить/ опрос, ввиду отсутствия интереса к данному диску. :(
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted on 02-09-2006, 02:03 (post 4, #648260)

Metal Hydrogen
Forum moderator
Group: Prestige
зачем закрывать? Не про политику же ругаемся. Вдруг передумаеш когда -нибуть :wink:
PM Email Poster Shared files
Top Bottom
Topic Options