Wishbone Ash (1994) Living Proof - Live in Chicago, hard rock - ape. covers
 Posted: 17-11-2006, 00:55 (post 1, #677799)

Advanced

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Wishbone Ash - Living Proof - Live in Chicago
Артист: Wishbone Ash
Альбом: Living Proof - Live in Chicago, 1994
Жанр: Hard Rock
Формат файла: EAC Ape. Covers
Ссылка: CD 6 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia

Having first seen and heard Wishbone Ash from a live 1989 concert at Bristol Colston Hall on ITV late one night, I was instantly hooked and especially loved the interplay between lead guitarists Ted Turner and Andy Powell. I subsequently bought a live video with Laurie Wisefield from the Marquee in '83 and although it was excellent, there was something about the other two that struck me and so we come to this live album.

What can I say? Well, buy it for one. It really is excellent, there is not one weak track on it and the solo that Andy pulls out on Throw Down The Sword has to be heard to be believed, not since the guitar solo on Comfortably Numb on the Pink Floyd Pulse release, have I heard a guitar played so beautifully ... it really is THAT good. The catchiest track is Why Don't We and shows Ted in fine vocal and musical form with a brilliant solo towards the end and another storming one by Andy midway through. the chemistry between all band members is first-rate, Andy Pyle moonlighting here from the Gary Moore blues band and Ray Weston laying down some solid drumming, which allows the two guitarists to showcase their respective talents.

If you like honest-to-goodness, feelgood melodic rock with strong songwriting and exceptional musicianship than Living Proof - Live in Chicago is definitely for you and the twin lead guitar approach is novel and always imaginative. You can actually hear where early Iron Maiden got some of their sounds from in several of the tracks. Wishbone Ash show here that even in 1992 (some 20 odd years after they began) that they can still pack a punch. Buy this album and enjoy, it really is a corker but be prepared to jump around playing wild air guitar on Blowing Free, where Ted and Andy exchange some great fretwork and although Ted is more economical whereas Andy burns away, you see how they compliment each other brilliantly.

Tracks
01. KIng Will Come [0:07:39.36]
02. This Strange Affair [0:05:47.19]
03. Standing In The Rain [0:06:17.71]
04. Lost Cause Of Paradise [0:05:13.16]
05. Keeper Of The Light [0:03:48.13]
06. Throw Down The Sword [0:06:14.46]
07. In The Skin [0:08:36.38]
08. Why Don't We [0:08:07.20]
09. Hard Times [0:05:04.42]
10. Blowing Free [0:08:33.36]
11. Living Proof [0:05:46.25]

CODE
EAC extraction logfile from 25. October 2006, 14:38 for CD
Wishbone Ash / The Living Proof

Used drive  : HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-4163B   Adapter: 1  ID: 0
Read mode   : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Combined read/write offset correction : 667
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : C:\Programas varios\EAC095_PREBETA_4\Mac\MAC.exe   (Monkey's Audio Lossless Encoder)
                     High Lossless Compression

Other options      : 
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
     Filename G:\Wishbone Ash - The Living Proof (Live)\CDImage.wav

Peak level 100.0 %
     Range quality 100.0 %
     CRC 4495FC7A
     Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

:hi:
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Гордый, azur
PM Email Poster Shared files
Top Bottom
Topic Options