> Classics @ Cinema - Supreme Collection, DVD-Audio, SACD - everything in HighResolution. TELARC & DG sources!
   Posted: 13-10-2008, 00:27 (post 1, #860174)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Diverse - Classics @ Cinema
Артист: Diverse
Альбом: Classics @ Cinema, 2008
Издатель: WRG Records
Жанр: Classical
Формат файла: EAC, FLAC, CVRS, ReMastering, 24/96
Ссылка: CD 163 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey
It is time again for a brilliant, dazzling and spectacular collection of mine - Classics @ Cinema - Classical Pieces from the Silverscreen. On it you will find classical pieces that were used in more or less popular movies - and all that with spectacular and balanced sound. I shared this before on another forum, so you´ll already find some sources for this huge release (2.3 GB). This is my second release here after my Enigma-Best-Of, so please excuse, that I´m not russian. I sadly can´t speak russian, excuse this please. Before I was at HQShare.net for a long time releasing some remastered releases. The people who know me form there are knowing, that I love quality releases - and that you can expect the same from me.

The goal I wanted to achieve was not quite serious - you will find a crude mixture of famous and not so famous pieces by famous classical composers. Some of the interpretations are not so serious as well so if you are an avid collector of classical music, looking only for divine interpretations... stay away! But if you seek fun, fantastic sound and some very good and critically acclaimed productions then download this collection - you won´t be dissapointed.

On it you´ll find several pieces from Telarc, Deutsche Grammophon, RCA & other lables. EVERY piece was remastered, some more, others less. Some interpretations are critically acclaimed, for example Tracks 5, 7, 9, 11 and 12. Other interpretations are taken from Telarc releases - in them you´ll have synthesizers, cannons and pistols. I also included a piece from "The Lord of the Rings" since Howard Shore (who composes also classical pieces) made concert pieces out of the material written for the movies, that are relatively successful. The material mostly comes from CDs, three Tracks (2, 6, 13) are real 24 Bit sources, taken from HDCD or DVD-Audio.

Every track is in 24/96 and it sounds that way so I advise you to use only the best hardware possible for you. The tracks are coded with FLAC, so that most network-players like the Squeezebox or Linn can play them instantly. You can burn them on a DVD-Audio of course, they are in their pure form. You can even enhance them further but I won´t do that :wink:

The volume warning on the cover should be taken seriously: the last track is an organ piece recorded at Cologne Cathedral. The organist used it as a showpiece, I changed the sound in that direction. Now the piece boasts a really frightening, thundering and loud bass which very well could blow your speakers.

Aside from that I aimed for a perfect sound. You won´t find show effects here. I used only the best tools available to me, the most important Algorithmix EQ which is the only EQ I know, which does not have any side-effects and no sound of its own. If I used EQ I did it very carfully. If the source was a CD I ripped it with EAC the proper & only way to retain every little bit of sound. Every processing step was done in 32 Bit & 96 kHz. For the FLAC-files I decreased the bit-depth to 24 Bit with MBIT+.

The upsampling was done with my own algorithm which is able to restore 60 % of the original HighDef sound, keeping transients, precision and recreating room impression. Upsampling CAN have a positive effect if it is done right. Like here.

A friend of mine said while listening to this collection "I couldn´t believe my ears, there was playing a digital source but it sounds like virgin 180g vinyl." That is pretty much it. The most perfect sound you´ll ever get from digital sound. Precision & warmth at the same time shaking hands.

Have fun! Go out and buy some TELARC-CDs. They are producing the best CDs ever - and they are worth the price. And keep this archive alive, don´t delete it. Share it with persons you like, it´s too big to go away fast.

user posted image

This post has been edited by cavaille on 13-10-2008, 02:45
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Гордый, KSS_DIGGER, night-jar, wotam, _oOo_oOo_, cavaille, KAlex, TocTep, Oleg39, BioS, boneze, Arzy
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 13-10-2008, 01:29 (post 2, #860193)

Sorry, I did post the wrong link in the first post. The link was for the Classics @ Cinema II - a compilation which is finished but has yet to be released. I will post the link again in one week after this huge amount of data is shared. Please click the ed2k link again...

Sorry for that... :(

This post has been edited by cavaille on 13-10-2008, 01:30
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 13-10-2008, 14:20 (post 3, #860292)

user posted image

Description!!! :wink:
(for those who are interested)

Every track was first grabbed proper with EAC, afterwards again with iTunes - according to the process I´ve described somewhere. Exceptions were of course the two tracks coming from DVD-Audio. After the tracks were waiting on the HD, I converted them to 32 Bit and made an offset correction. Then came the resampling to 96 kHz - again done according to the process I described before on another place. I had 32/96 files by then which would give me the perfect working condition for DSP processing.

Software: EAC, iTunes, DVD-Audio Explorer, Nero Image Drive, Sound Forge, WaveLab, iZotope RX Advanced, iZotope Ozone, Algorithmix Orange EQ and dB PowerAmp.
Hardware: Sennheiser HD-600, Heco Loudspeakers, Sony STR-DB 830 QS, Monster USB Cable, Audioquest Cables, two different PCs for working and monitoring.

The older Telarc-releases were recorded with a Soundstream recorder and converted with a crappy resampler to CD (in 1980 this resampler was state-of-the-art... but today...). By comparing the originals with remastered Soundstream recordings I found out what the sound difference was. I simply amplified signals beginning at 1000 Hz with a very soft and wider filter for about 1 dB and frequencies over 2000 Hz were weekened with an equally soft/wide filter for about 0.5 dB. At the same time I corrected frequency ripples introduced by the old resampler Telarc used for the 50 kHz Soundstream-recordings. Processed tracks are 1, 3, 7, and 10.

Track 5 was done different. Telarc recorded that with a Sony PCM-1630, a converter with very precise sound. A bit thin if you ask me. The lower frequencies were amplified by me bit more compared to the Soundstreams - I also compressed the wideness of the stereo perspective a tiny little bit.

Track 4 was a new DSD recording done in 2007. I don´t know what Michael Bishop (mastering engineer) did but the sound of the recording was very muffled and way too much voluptous, a sound that´s in no way fitting for Tchaikovsky. I corrected that.

Track 11 is an old recording from Deutsche Grammophon done in 1977 with a sound balance designed for the limitations of the Vinyl record (missing dynamic and no bass or warmth). I also corrected this. Thank God there was no noise!

Track 14 consists of three separate tracks I joined to one single track. I did not use any EQ but I attentuated it (around -6 dB).

On Track 15 I used heavy processing. The recording was marvelous but lacked a bit "spirit". I strongly amplified the deep bass and weekened high frequencies a little bit. I felt my changes justified because the organist Winfried Bönig - just like me - used this piece as a showpiece - he played too fast (individual tones drowned in the 15 second reverb) and pointed out the bass by using the 64'' pipe.
It is no wonder given the size of the cathedrals´ nave (it is the highest in the world) that this room is a horror for music. Just an impression: because of a friend working at Klais (the organ builder) I know, that in 2005 two pipes were installed - no one knows how strong and loud they are, it´s still a secret. I know of course - it is so loud that every other pipe would explode by the sheer air pressure flowing through it. You´ll need of course the volume in order to fill the entire room. Two years ago I participated in an organ concert in this cathedral so I knew a bit how slow someone has to play in order for the music to be recognizable. The key lay in the diminishing of high frequencies - that is where a huge amount of reverb takes place due to massive amounts of stone and big glass windows.

Tracks 2 and 13 came from a DVD-Audio. Both tracks were in 24 Bit and 48 kHz (the 1812 Ouverture 44.1 kHz). Despite high resolution, Howard Shore did not invest much time in good sound (it would get better on Two Towers) so I had to do that. I changed the balance into something more charming and at the same time dynamic with enhanced deep bass, violin sparkle and better room impression. The Telarc recording wasn´t processed at all, the sound was just flawless.

Track 6 came from a HDCD. The sound of the decoded HDCD was fantastic, brilliant and incredibly dynamic... but there was a little mid-frequencies hole. I filled that - the sound now is even more colourful.

After processing many tracks were made louder - I wanted to achieve a bit more "punch" and also wanted the recording to be "hotter" to save the most of the resolution (you´ll have incredible dynamic). In order to achieve this I had to use compression - the same compression used in the Loudness War. I was of course much more modest because I wanted to keep good sound. The tracks are around 2-3 dB too loud. I did only slight compressing with Ozone which worked nearly transparent . Compressed tracks are 1, 6, 8, 10, 13 and 15, mostly Telarc recordings. It´s nearly a sacrileg, because Telarc does not use compression but don´t be afraid, you won´t hear artififacts like the ones of CDs that are harmed by the Loundness War.

This post has been edited by cavaille on 13-10-2008, 14:36
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 20-10-2008, 15:25 (post 4, #861613)

Only one day left...

then I will present to you "Classics @ Cinema Vol. II"

- more fun
- even better sound
- 300 MB smaller
- more colourful coverdesign
- more mainstream
- more pop
- ... and a little secret...

... only one day... :cool:
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 27-10-2008, 02:40 (post 5, #863104)

Thanks for this, sounds great. One thing you should beware of; The track from LOTR, one ring to rule them all, is watermarked. If you burn all tracks to a DVD-Audio disc, this track will not play if the player detects watermarks. All the other songs are clean. I just didn't include it on my copy, heard it so many times through the movie anyway ;)

You should check if the tracks are watermarked if you include DVD-Audio material on your compilations.
Anyway, great job with the music. I probably will download the second one too.
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 27-10-2008, 07:42 (post 6, #863131)

QUOTE (alluneedislove @ 27-10-2008, 00:40)
Thanks for this, sounds great. One thing you should beware of; The track from LOTR, one ring to rule them all, is watermarked. If you burn all tracks to a DVD-Audio disc, this track will not play if the player detects watermarks. All the other songs are clean. I just didn't include it on my copy, heard it so many times through the movie anyway ;)

You should check if the tracks are watermarked if you include DVD-Audio material on your compilations.
Anyway, great job with the music. I probably will download the second one too.
:wink:

Trust me, the watermark is now destroyed for sure. I processed the track - and processing destroys every watermark. You´re right, it comes from a DVD-Audio. I used DVDAExplorer for extracting and converted it to .wav. Then the watermark is lost.

You could have burned it safeley onto your disk then.

And thanks! :)
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 27-10-2008, 07:56 (post 7, #863134)

меломан

Group: Prestige
cavaille
I used DVDAExplorer for extracting and converted it to .wav. Then the watermark is lost.
not unless you create DVD-Audio from it, and then it wont play on most standalone DVD-A players. I have the same issue with Metallica Black Album DVD-A (watermarked) :(
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 27-10-2008, 17:08 (post 8, #863199)

Junior

Watermark technology has not been hacked yet, it is inside the wav file permanently
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 27-10-2008, 17:45 (post 9, #863203)

меломан

Group: Prestige
QUOTE (fchef @ 27-10-2008, 09:08)
Watermark technology has not been hacked yet, it is inside the wav file permanently
exactly :(
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 27-10-2008, 22:08 (post 10, #863243)

I played the track in my Pioneer DV 989. The disc just stopped after a few seconds when the track started. All the others played fine.

The ONLY way to play watermarked DVD-A rips on a stand alone player, is with a dvd player that does not detect them. Sadly, most newer good DVD-Audio players detects watermarks.
There is one very good player that support watermarked DVD-A rips, and that is the Rotel RDV 1080. This player doesn't have bass management for DVD-A though. If you want a player with full bass management and solid performance, then there is no way past watermarking... Buy the originals ;)

This post has been edited by alluneedislove on 27-10-2008, 22:12
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 27-10-2008, 22:30 (post 11, #863248)

QUOTE (fchef @ 27-10-2008, 15:08)
What? Oh my, I didn´t know this. I´m very very sorry... this wasn´t intended. I thought, if I would process it with some DSP everything would go away. Sadly no... :(

I´m really sorry for the inconvenience. I therefore recommend not using "Lord of the Rings" from this compilation if you want to have a DVD-Audio.
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 28-10-2008, 10:23 (post 12, #863303)

риполов-любитель

Group: News makers
It can make DVD-Audio-Video (PCM in VIDEO_TS). Any players read't watermarks from VIDEO_TS :drag:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 30-10-2008, 18:05 (post 13, #863576)

QUOTE (OlCh @ 28-10-2008, 08:23)
It can make DVD-Audio-Video (PCM in VIDEO_TS). Any players read't watermarks from VIDEO_TS :drag:
Yep! Now this format is called ΧΟΔΕ which was called before HDAD. It is nothing different than 24/96 in the VIDEO_TS which was standardized in 1996. Although on ΧΟΔΕ releases you´ll find lossy material for your mp3-player and 16/44.1 material as well. :D:
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options