The Doors - Live At The Matrix 1967 (2CD, 2008)
 Posted: 28-02-2010, 02:04 (post 1, #947280)

proRock
Forum moderator
Group: Netlab Soldier
Warn:0%-----
The Doors - Live At The Matrix
Артист: The Doors
Альбом: Live At The Matrix, 2008
Издатель: Rhino / 8122-79884-8
Жанр: Psychedelic Rock, Rock & Roll
Формат файла: NL+1001
Ссылка 1: CD 1 74 clicks
Ссылка 2: CD 2 68 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
Релиз-группа: Group Icon
Примечание: А я не записался в маталисты!
TRACKLIST
 1. Break On Through (To The Other Side) [0:03:47.06]
 2. Soul Kitchen [0:05:51.51]
 3. Money [0:03:02.61]
 4. The Crystal Ship [0:02:50.50]
 5. Twentieth Century Fox [0:02:46.03]
 6. I'm A King Bee [0:03:48.21]
 7. Alabama Song (Whisky Song) [0:03:16.13]
 8. Summer's Almost Gone [0:03:46.70]
 9. Light My Fire [0:08:14.25]
10. Get Out Of My Life Woman [0:03:58.68]
11. Back Door Man [0:05:14.23]
12. Who Do You Love [0:04:31.72]
13. The End [0:13:54.28]
14. Unhappy Girl [0:03:56.59]
15. Moonlight Drive [0:05:39.35]
16. The Woman Is A Devil/Rock Me [0:08:08.35]
17. People Are Strange [0:02:14.45]
18. Close To You [0:02:56.49]
19. My Eyes Have Seen You [0:02:56.64]
20. Crawling King Snake [0:04:53.55]
21. I Can't See Your Face In My Mind [0:03:07.26]
22. Summertime [0:08:29.38]
23. When The Music's Over [0:11:11.26]
24. Gloria [0:05:36.19]

Review: by Richie Unterberger user posted image
When the Doors were playing at the Matrix club in San Francisco on March 7 and March 10 of 1967, unofficial tapes were made of their performances. Music from four sets (two each night) of these gigs has long been available on bootleg, and a couple tracks did show up on the Doors' 1997 box set. This two-CD package, however, marks the first official release of material from these shows in bulk. They represent the earliest concert recordings of the band that have been made available, dating from just two months after the release of their debut album (and a few months before the "Light My Fire" single would catch on and make them superstars). While this by no means has the complete recordings from these two nights that have circulated on bootleg, it does contain one version of every single song captured on the tapes. The sound quality, too, is substantially improved from those bootlegs (though it's not true, as the liner notes claim, that all of those bootlegs had "the worst quality imaginable"). If it's not quite up to the level of the fidelity heard on most official live albums (or even some more adeptly recorded Doors live shows from later in their career that have seen official release), the instruments and vocals come through pretty well, and can easily be listened to for pleasure as well as historical archival value.

More important than the technical and discographical details, however, is the quality of the performances themselves. And while they're occasionally a bit ragged, and certainly not as sleek and cleanly balanced as their studio recordings, you could make an argument for this as the finest Doors live release, from the musical if not the fidelity point of view. For these are the Doors, and Jim Morrison in particular, when they were still hungry and eager to make an impression, with little of the somewhat self-parodying theatricalism that Morrison would sometimes lapse into on-stage after reaching superstardom. There are lean, urgent versions of most of the songs from their classic debut album, as well as, more surprisingly, about half the numbers from the yet-to-be-released Strange Days. "Unhappy Girl," "Moonlight Drive," "My Eyes Have Seen You," "People Are Strange," and "I Can't See Your Face in My Mind" especially have notably sparer arrangements, betraying the band's roots as more of a straight-ahead rock outfit prior to these songs getting effectively psychedelicized studio treatments. There's even a version of one tune, "Summer's Almost Gone," that they'd wait until their third album, Waiting for the Sun, to put on a studio LP.

Filling out the set are a good number of cover tunes that the Doors didn't release in the '60s, including several blues and R&B covers. While these have their interest for documenting aspects of their repertoire that aren't fully evident from their studio albums, they also reveal the group to be much less interesting when playing such cover tunes -- among them "Money," John Lee Hooker's "Crawling King Snake," Lee Dorsey's "Get out of My Life Woman," and Them's "Gloria" -- than they were when doing their own material. Still, even these selections include some standouts, especially a burning version of "Who Do You Love" that outdoes the more laid-back one on Absolutely Live, and an instrumental version of "Summertime" that gives Ray Manzarek a chance to showcase his organ chops. It's also odd to hear such a cool, almost non-reception from the sparse audience, giving the impression the Doors were playing to a near-empty club, though they seem to be putting as much or more heart into their performance as they would later do for most of their arena concerts. All told, it's an excellent document of their early days that's strongly recommended to Doors fans. It would have been even neater for hardcore fanatics had all four sets from the two nights been included, but admittedly the elimination of multiple versions and resequencing makes this a much more listenable product for the general audience.

SPOILER (EAC LOG CD1)

SPOILER (EAC LOG CD2)
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': taurus66, ArCanon, dynamics, sri2417, Oleg39, Gebemnot, adjonja, drobovik, arizonadream, ViziV, stewie, spiderc@t
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 28-02-2010, 07:42 (post 2, #947299)

созерцатель
А я не записался в маталисты!

Ну и правильно :punk:
...Кто то должен держать раздел рока в жизненном состоянии :hi:
Ну ничего,скоро и я вернусь после металлических приключений :)
PM
Top Bottom
   Posted: 26-05-2010, 16:13 (post 3, #964629)

proRock
Forum moderator
Только сегодня послушал целиком. :shuffle: Качеством конечно не блещет, но драйв очень проникновенный! :punk:
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options