> KOTO - From the Dawn of Time (1992), EAC/APE/CUE/Cover
 Posted: 12-11-2003, 01:37 (post 1, #190559)

Pro Member

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Артист:KOTO
Альбом:From the Dawn of Time, 1992
Жанр:SynthDance
Формат файла:EAC/APE/CUE/Cover
Ссылка:CD 5 clicks
Нахождение:eDonkey
Примечание:WinRAR v3.10, Monkey's Audio v3.97

Tracklist:
1. From the Dawn of Time - 5:30
2. Phenomenon Choir - 5:06
3. Mind Machine - 6:37
4. Logic Control - 4:34
5. Acknowledge - 6:01
6. Jungian Dream - 4:12
7. Mystery Bomber - 4:41
8. Time - 6:07
9. Mechanic Sense - 6:00
10. Cosmic Connection - 4:31
11. Epic Saga - 4:16

All tracks composed and arranged by Michiel van der Kuy
Produced by Michiel van der Kuy
Some people who like old Koto tracks by Cundari & Maiola may find this album a bit strange. Michiel van der Kuy has stepped in and produced an album which is more straightforward than the old Koto songs like 'Dragon's Legend' and  'Japanese Wargame'. Nevertheless, this album is great. The opening track, 'From the Dawn of Time', sounds like a typical Laserdance track. It's ok but not  excellent. The second track, 'Phenomenon Choir', is absolutely brilliant. For some reason it keeps reminding me of Dragon's Legend. 'Acknowledge' is one of the highlights of the album mainly because it has one of the best staccato chords I have ever heard in a synthdance track.
Generally there are no weak  tracks on the album except one. I'm talking about 'Mystery Bomber' which is early 90's techno and doesn't sound very good in that genre either. Like on  most of the Laserdance albums there are also three slower, so-called ambient tracks.  I find them quite relaxing. If you like Michiel's Laserdance stuff,  then this album is a must-have.
Rating: 8/10
Lauri Turjansalo

СПАСИБО dimon за раздачу...

PM Users Website
Top Bottom
Topic Options