> Ilya (2003) They Died For Beauty [Trip-Hop], EAC - LOG - APE + MPC
 Posted: 25-09-2004, 01:41 (post 1, #304056)

Junior

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Ilya - They Died For beauty (2003)

user posted image

They Died for Beauty, the debut form Bristol based band Ilya, is a delightfully composed album. I suppose you could class this is a trip-hop album but that really only tells about the albums undertones and its laid back dancy beats. However listening to the rest of the album makes it clear this is not your average trip-hop album and is really something rather special. It seems they have hired out a full blown orchestra to make this album which at times gives it the feeing that you have gone back to the days of classic blues and Nina Simone. This is definitely an album to relax to, on Bellissimo the sumptuous velvety smooth vocals of Joanna Swan float away over the mellow brass and woodwind overtones. Heavenly is one of the few tracks that has much more modern feel to it, sounding like a cross between the vocal of Sharleen from Texas and awkward beats of Portishead. This is an incredible album that charmingly combines classic sounds with a modern twist. It’s an album that’s perfect to listen to on a sunny Sunday morning whilst trying to recover from a hang over. Also they have a difficult to find but very cool website.

Track Listings
1. Bellissimo
2. Quattra Neon
3. Bliss
4. Heavenly
5. Soleil Soleil
6. Pretty Baby
7. All for Melody
8. Happy and Weak
9. They Died for Beauty

Total Time: 49'21"
Extras: Cue + Log

Compression: MPC Q8
Size: 88.89
Link: Ilya - They Died For Beauty [MPC Q8] by SpeedTouch.rar 36 clicks

Compression: APE
Size: 283.61
Link: Ilya - They Died For Beauty [APE] by SpeedTouch.rar NEW! 7 clicks

This post has been edited by SpeedTouch on 26-09-2004, 06:06
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 25-09-2004, 17:30 (post 2, #304150)

Junior

There are problems with the APE files newest/poster_oops.gif I removed it. I will put the new link as soon as possible.
Sorry for that sad.gif
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 26-09-2004, 06:03 (post 3, #304282)

Junior

QUOTE (SpeedTouch @ 25-09-2004, 14:30)
There are problems with the APE files  newest/poster_oops.gif   I removed it. I will put the new link as soon as possible.  Sorry for that sad.gif

The New link is now available. Enjoy it smile.gif
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options