Guns N' Roses - 1991 Use Your Illusion I, MFSL UDCD-711 спасибо Verbatim!
 Posted: 11-03-2006, 08:29 (post 1, #565017)

меломан

Group: Prestige
Warn:0%-----
Guns 'N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I
Артист: Guns 'N' Roses
Альбом: Use Your Illusion I, 1991
Жанр: Rock
Формат файла: [EAC.FLAC.CUE..LOG.COVERS]
Ссылка: CD 121 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
CODE
EAC extraction logfile from 10. March 2006, 19:28 for CD
Guns N' Roses / Use Your Illusion I MFSL Gold Disc

Used drive  : PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-712A   Adapter: 1  ID: 0
Read mode   : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 30
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : Yes

Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
                     44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo

Other options      : 
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
     Filename D:\Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I (1991) 
(MFSL 711)\Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I MFSL Gold Disc.wav

Peak level 98.9 %
     Range quality 100.0 %
     CRC FC0B477E
     Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

thnx to Verbatim for sharing this
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 11-03-2006, 08:31 (post 2, #565018)

меломан

Group: Prestige
Warn:0%-----
user posted image

Tracklist
1. Right Next Door To Hell (3:03)
2. Dust N' Bones (4:58)
3. Live And Let Die (3:04)
4. Don't Cry (ORIGINAL) (4:45)
5. Perfect Crime (2:23)
6. You Ain't The First (2:37)
7. Bad Obsession (5:28)
8. Back Off Bitch(5:03)
9. Double Talkin' Jive (3:24)
10. November Rain (8:58)
11. The Garden (5:22)
12. Garden Of Eden (2:41)
13. Don't Damn Me (5:19)
14. Bad Apples (4:28)
15. Dead Horse (4:18)
16. Coma (10:14)

Review
Anyone who's into Metal has an opinion about this band. Some like them. Some hate them. Some worship them. And for some, GUNS 'N ROSES was the band that got them into Rock/Metal. I am one of these people. Frankly, if I hadn't heard "November Rain" all those years ago, I probably wouldn't be writing this review. This band warped my frail virgin mind and made me appreciate guitar riffs and wailing solos. But enough about me, on with the review.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 17 years, you would know that this band plays balls-to-the-wall Hard Rock. With their debut album, they gave the Rock world a kick in the face, and made it dangerous again.v In 1991, GUNS 'N ROSES released 2 albums worth of material, "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion 2". They kicked out their original drummer, Steven Adler, due to drug related problems, and replaced him with the drummer from THE CULT, Matt Sorum. The rest of the band stayed intact, with Axl on vocals and on piano occasionally, the rhythm and lead guitar team of Izzy Stradlin' and Slash, and bassist Duff McKagan. Also new to the band is Dizzy Reed, playing organs and/or piano on certain tracks.

This album features both extremes in terms of songwriting. On one hand, this album contains what I believe is the greatest GUNS 'N ROSES songs ever written, the groovy and swinging "Dust And Bones", with Izzy singing with his extremely nasal and cool voice; the thrashy and metallic "Perfect Crime", and the beautiful epic that is "Coma". On the other hand, it houses my least Gun songs EVER, namely the sappy drunken cowboy ballad "You Ain't The First". I gotta give props to the band though. This is an honest break-up song, compared to all the ones on MTV/Much music, where the poor guy/girl that got dumped begs the person who dumped him/her to take him/her back. And another sappy ballad, "Don't Cry", that was recorded TWICE, for each of the "Illusion" albums.......Once was enough, boys.

Guitar wise, this contains amongst the band's best riffs and Slash's coolest solos. How can you not feel the groove in "Dust And Bones"? How could you not want to just thrash your room while listening to "Garden Of Eden"? "The Garden" shifts out of its two moods, one of them that seems to invite you to a dream, the other one daring you to get out of the nightmare you're stuck in. And the nylon-stringed guitar solo at the end of "Double Talkin Jive" is beautiful. Also, I gotta give props to Izzy. The man never got his due as a rhythm guitarist. He laid down the foundation for most of Slash's solos, and the riffs he came up with and played just plain ruled! And Duff, whose bass riffs can unfortunately only be heard on certain songs, because the guitars drown them out. It's weird. The only two members that most people mention from GUNS 'N ROSES are Slash and Axl...The rest deserve credit too, you know!!!!!!

"Coma" STILL kicks my ass after all these years. The song is about a man who's in a coma (hence, the song title) and is contemplating whether or not the world is worth living in. You get lots of different points of view, lyric-wise, Axl Rose playing (singing) the parts of the person in the coma, and that person's friend, and the entire song, riffs, lyrics, samples, makes you feel both men's ordeals about the "Coma".
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options