George Harrison - Living In The Material World (1973, 2006), Remastered, EAC/FLAC, Limited Edition, CD+DVD
 Posted: 27-10-2006, 23:14 (post 1, #670103)

Talk too much

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
George Harrison - Living In The Material World
Артист: George Harrison
Альбом: Living In The Material World , 2006
Жанр: Rock
Формат файла: EAC/FLAC/CUE/LOG/RAR/SFV + VIDEO_TS
Ссылка: CD
Нахождение: Torrent
Примечание: Limited Edition

George Harrison - Living In The Material World (1973, 2006)
Remastered, Limited Edition, CD / DVD

Disc 1 - CD
1. Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
2. Sue Me, Sue You Blues
3. The Light That Has Lighted The World
4. Don't Let Me Wait Too Long
5. Who Can See it
6. Living In The Material World
7. The Lord Loves The One (That Loves The Lord)
8. Be Here Now
9. Try Some Buy Some
10. The Day The Word Gets 'round
11. That Is All
12. Deep Blue (bonus track)
13. Miss O'Dell (bonus track)

Disc 2 - DVD
1. Give Me Love (in 5.1 and stereo) live in Japan during the 1991 tour
2. Miss O'Dell (Alternative Version)
3. Sue Me - Sue You Blues (Acoustic Demo Version)
4. Living In The Material World

Remastered reissue of George Harrison's "Living In The Material World" album, originally released in 1973. Contains the #1 Pop single "Give Me Love."
Limited Edition CD+DVD comes in a digipack with a 40 page booklet. Deluxe booklet includes lyrics (some handwritten) and many additional photographs from the original session.

DVD Content: 4 videos and all visual content is previously unreleased. Features a new video for the ‘Living in the Material World’ track with footage of the original UK/US LP pressing. ‘Give Me Love’ performed live in Japan during the 1991 tour (in 5.1 surround sound and stereo). Along with unreleased versions of the songs Miss O'Dell and Sue Me, Sue You Blues.

Review
First the important question does this remaster/reissue improve on the previous version released nearly a decade ago? Yes. The sound is fuller with slightly better detail. It is remastered a bit louder as well but the most important improvement is the inclusion of the B-sides "Deep Blue" and "Miss O'Dell" The former song was the B-side to "Bangela Desh" written about George's loss of his father and the latter is a lark with a Dylanesque quality to the music. The lyrics go from serious to humourous with George cracking up during the chorus.
As to the DVD well it's nice to have the two bonus tracks (with "Give Me Love" in 5.1) as well as the video footage. I suspect that many fans will not watch the videos more than once (although the live footage was nice). I'd like to see the full live show for "Live in Japan" get a DVD release separate from the re-releases/remasters of his back catalog. I don't feel that the CD/DVD set is essential but fans who pay for it will enjoy the second disc I was just hoping for more live footage/outtakes/demos or even the other mix of the album.
I'm a bit disappointed that George's rehearsal for "It Don't Come Easy" with George on lead vocals (he co-wrote the song with Ringo even though he wasn't credited as such until recently)isn't included as he provides a spirited version of the song (this has also been available on bootlegs for years. My suspicion is that if it is eventually released it will find its way onto "Dark Horse" although it really belongs here).Finally it's a pity that the single version of "Bangela Desh" wasn't included as well.
The booklet included has some nice rare photos from the inside cover shoot which feature George along with musicians that appeared on the album. We also get a brief essay discussing the recording of the album and the secular world's reaction to one that focuses so much on spiritual issues. Although it isn't George's finest album ("All Things Must Pass", "Cloud 9" and "Brain Washed" are my favorites ahead of this one)it has two songs that rank high up there in the Beatles/Harrison canon; "Give Me Love" and the bluesy "Sue Me, Sue You Blues" a witty take on The Beatles legal square dance.
All things being equal in the material world, I'd suggest going for the CD version vs. the 2 disc set unless you absolutely MUST have the two additional tracks on the second disc and the videos. Are they worth it for hardcore Harrison/Beatles fans? Sure but you could get by just as easily with the CD edition and I don't know that the price for the second set is justified given how thin the pickings are on the second disc.

Отчёт EAC об извлечении, выполненном 27. октября 2006, 21:00 для диска:
George Harrison / Living In The Material World [Re-master 2006]

Дисковод: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109 Adapter: 0 ID: 0
Режим чтения: Достоверный (C2: нет, Точный поток: да, Отключение кэша: да)
Коррекция смещения при чтении: 48
Способность читать области Lead-in и Lead-out : Нет

Выходной формат: Внутренние WAV-операции
44.100 Гц; 16 бит; стерео

Другие параметры:
Заполнение пропущенных сэмплов тишиной : Да
Удаление блоков с тишиной в начале и конце : Нет
Установленный внешний ASPI-интерфейс

Характеристики диапазона извлечения и сообщения об ошибках
Выбранный диапазон
Имя файла D:\New Folder (2)\Раздачи\George Harrison - Living In The Material World [Re-master 2006].wav

Пиковый уровень 98.6 %
Качество диапазона 100.0 %
CRC 4F5346A7
Копирование... OK

Ошибок не произошло

Конец отчёта

Все кому нужны обложки, следите за топиком. Выложу на выходных. Сегодня нет сили и желания сканировать, так как сложно и много.
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': edenika, Fripp, kokiku, taurus66
PM Email Poster ICQ MSN
Top Bottom
 Posted: 28-10-2006, 09:57 (post 2, #670217)

COBECTb

Group: Members
спасибо!!!! :hi: :hi: :hi:
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 28-10-2006, 15:48 (post 3, #670337)

Пират

Group: Prestige
На DVD выбор звук.дорожки возможен только на первом клипе:
DTS, LPCM 2.0, DD5.1?
На остальных только LPCM 2.0?
У меня правильно получается? :rolleyes:
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 28-10-2006, 18:05 (post 4, #670373)

Talk too much

kokiku
ага, правильно:

‘Give Me Love’ performed live in Japan during the 1991 tour (in 5.1 surround sound and stereo).
PM Email Poster ICQ MSN
Top Bottom
 Posted: 28-10-2006, 20:29 (post 5, #670417)

Пират

Group: Prestige
Сорри, не изучил внимательно тему! :fu:
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 31-10-2006, 17:59 (post 6, #671559)

Talk too much

Обложки от ДиджиПака (для стандартного бокса надо переделывать!)
PM Email Poster ICQ MSN
Top Bottom
 Posted: 05-08-2007, 20:04 (post 7, #769856)

Advanced

Group: Members
друзья, если у кого-нибудь сохранились файлы от двд, сделайте, пожалуйста, пары. почему-то диск подвисает при проигрывании. а хеш сверить уже невозможно
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options