Wes Montgomery - 1965 Goin' Out Of My Head, DCC Gold GZS-1048. Steve Hoffman Mastering
 Posted: 18-02-2007, 01:56 (post 1, #715113)

меломан

Group: Prestige
Warn:0%-----
Wes Montgomery - Goin' Out Of My Head 1965
Артист: Wes Montgomery
Альбом: Goin' Out Of My Head 1965, 1993
Жанр: Jazz: Hard Bop / Crossover Jazz
Формат файла: EAC-WV-ISO-SCANS (tracks->cdimage)
Ссылка: CD 84 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey
Примечание: золото оно и в Африке золото..
:music: :D: :drag:

user posted image
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': araks, der spunk, Santa666, OlCh, well_68, Djubei, Mordenkainen, illario, LF_, Swipe, Wanderer70, MiculDelfin, Arzy, doremi, valentin levit
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 18-02-2007, 01:56 (post 2, #715114)

меломан

Group: Prestige
Warn:0%-----
thanks to my friends :wub:

Wes Montgomery - 1965 Goin' Out Of My Head
1993 DCC Gold Disc. Steve Hoffman Mastering

user posted image

by server_alliance

Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on December 7, 8 & 22, 1965

user posted image

Reviews
This CD contains one of Wes Montgomery's finest recordings, a Riverside date that showcases the influential guitarist in a quintet with pianist Hank Jones, bassist Ron Carter, drummer Lex Humphries and the congas of Ray Barretto. All eight performances are memorable in their own way with "Cottontail," "I'm Just a Lucky So and So" and a brief unaccompanied "While We're Young" being highpoints.
Scott Yanow (allmusic)

user posted image

Wes Montgomery's first producer and former boss at the Riverside label states that it was arranger Oliver Nelson's goal with GOIN' OUT OF MY HEAD to present Montgomery's guitar as a melody instrument, rather than as a soloist. This certainly happens on the ballads that make up at least half this set. It's probably just as well that doing so finally sold some records and gave the guitar-playing father of six a more solid income for the last few years of his life. However, most Montgomery aficionados still usually just want to hear him blow. And there's some solid jazz to be found here. Not surprisingly, it happens the most on the Montgomery originals "Boss City," Naptown Blues," and "Twisted Blues," but Montgomery also gets into it for real with the rhythm section on "Chim Chim Cheree"; after the orchestrations are over, he careens off Grady Tate's insistent drumming with exuberance and abandon.
PM
Top Bottom
Topic Options