Manfred Mann - Five Faces of Manfred Mann, British Invasion
 Posted: 15-04-2007, 19:08 (post 1, #737954)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Manfred Mann - Five Faces of Manfred Mann
Артист: Manfred Mann
Альбом: Five Faces of Manfred Mann, 1964
Жанр: R & B
Формат файла: cue-flac-scans
Ссылка 1: CD 1 9 clicks
Ссылка 2: CD 2
Нахождение: eDonkey/Torrent
Примечание: Образ собран из потрекового релиза CueTools'ом
Thank you friends, как любит говорить Olch :)

Манфред Мэнн, без сомнения, одна из лучших групп British Invasion (R&B с джазовыми вставками), а Paul Jones - потрясающий харизматичный певец, лицо группы, и автор многих песен. Хотя группа исполняла также много песен таких авторов, как willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, Bob Dylan, Carl Perkins и др. Против воли самого Манфреда (Manfred Mann - Manfred Lubowitz, уроженец Йоханнесбурга, ЮАР), группа решила взять просто имя своего лидера и создателя.
Это их дебютный альбом, АНГЛИЙСКИЙ, не имеющий ничего общего с одноимённым американским. (Ну, американцы всегда вели свою дискографию, как это было с Beatles, Rolling Stones, Animals и др.). Музыка и исполнение - великолепны. Во всяком случае я слушаю этот альбом с неменьшим удовольствием, чем ой-как много лет назад, когда впервые услышал их. Послушайте, и убедитесь.

"The Five Faces of Manfred Mann"

01 - Smokestack Lightning (3:33)
02 - Don't Ask Me What I Say (3:01)
03 - Sack O' Woe (2:09)
04 - What You Gonna Do (2:38)
05 - Hoochie Coochie Man (3:20)
06 - I'm Your Kingpin (2:48)
07 - Down The Road Apiece (2:27)
08 - Got My Mojo Wokring (3:12)
09 - It's Gonna Work Out Fine (2:37)
10 - Mr. Angelo (2:09)
11 - Untie Me (3:38)
12 - Bring It To Jerome (3:27)
13 - Without You (2:21)
14 - You've Got To Take It (2:16)

Line-up:
Paul Jones - Lead & Background Vocals, Harmonica
Manfred Mann - Keyboards, Vocals
Mike Vickers - Guitar, sax, Flute, Vocals
Tom McGuinnes - Bass, Vocals, Guitar
Mike Hugg - Drums, Vibes, Vocals

Dave Richmond was their originally bass player and he is playing on their two first singles,but he left in December 1963 so he definitely plays on Without You, and maybe some more tracks that are leftovers from these sessions.

Review by Bruce Eder:

The debut album by Manfred Mann holds up even better 40 years on than it did in 1964. It's also one of the longest LPs of its era, clocking in at 39 minutes, and there's not a wasted note or a song extended too far among its 14 tracks. The Manfreds never had the reputation that the Rolling Stones enjoyed, which is a shame, because The Five Faces of Manfred Mann is one of the great blues-based British invasion albums; it's a hot, rocking record that benefits from some virtuoso playing as well, and some of the best singing of its era, courtesy of Paul Jones, who blew most of his rivals out of the competition with his magnificently impassioned, soulful performance on "Untie Me," and his simmering, lusty renditions of "Smokestack Lightning" and "Bring It to Jerome." The stereo mix of the album, which never surfaced officially in England until this 1997 EMI anniversary reissue (remastered in 24-bit digital sound), holds up very nicely, with sharp separation between the channels yet - apart from a few moments on "Untie Me" - few moments of artificiality.

P.S. Кстати, в сети имеется их сборник Manfred_Mann_-_Best_Of_The_EMI_Years_[ape].rar 1 clicks и я продолжаю держать его для распространения (хотя отгрузил уже 4.52 ГБ).

user posted image

This post has been edited by OlCh on 16-04-2007, 00:47
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Siren, bloodbrother, swa, illario, vvt, sasskrip
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options