Journey - 1980. Departure (2006)
 Posted: 08-09-2007, 11:22 (post 1, #777678)

риполов-любитель

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Journey - Departure 1980
Артист: Journey
Альбом: Departure 1980, 2006
Издатель: Legacy / 88697 001192
Жанр: Rock
Формат файла: eac-log-cue-wv-scans-iso
Ссылка: CD 7 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
:D:

thanks to KillerRips and other friends :beer:

TRACKLIST
 1. Any Way You Want It
 2. Walks Like a Lady
 3. Someday Soon
 4. People and Places
 5. Precious Time
 6. Where Were You
 7. I'm Cryin'
 8. Line of Fire
 9. Departure
10. Good Morning Girl
11. Stay Awhile
12. Homemade Love

More rocking Journey...another fantastic album, February 17, 2003
By Brad (CT)
This third album of Journey's with Steve Perry at the helm continues the mastery of classic melodic rock that the band is famed for. This would be the last album before Greg Rolie is replaced by Jonathan Cain on keyboards, so it is the last we get to hear of certain classic rock influences. For sure, this is a rocking album but with a definite moodiness to it in spots.

"Any Way You Want It" kicks off the album with a bang. With no instrumental intro, Steve Perry starts belting out one of Journey's most famous rockers. Then comes the light, catchy "Walk Like a Lady", a bluesy number that nicely offsets the opening rocker. "Someday Soon" is melodic rock bliss, and it includes some of the last of the great vocals we get to hear from Greg Rolie. Following is a very uniquely moody tune in "People and Places". I don't know what it is about that song, but with the way the different members each sing a word one after the other combined with the haunting (in spots) sound of the keyboard, this one still can send shivers up my spine. Very unique track.

Then after more fine melodies on "Precious Time", a few definite rockers kick in. "Where Were You" has an amazingly melodic chorus, "I'm Cryin'" contains some of the most amazingly emotive Perry vocals ever, and "Line Of Fire" absolutely smokes. From there the tempo and mood slows up with the short but very nice title track instrumental, which leads into the very pretty, pleasant "Good Morning Girl". "Stay Awhile" further continues the pretty slowdown in tempo, before "Homemade Love" ends the album by again rocking the house.

I could rave at length about every one of these tracks and how listening to them makes me feel. As much as I love the more popular Journey albums that are to follow this one, there is something about that classic sound that is special. This effort was the third straight winning effort with Steve Perry at the vocal helm in three years for the band at the time. Once again, the band struck gold in the classic and melodic rock arena.

Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': temk0t, Гордый, alex27, yury_usa, ns38, Shy Beast, PublicEnemy, LF_, kokiku
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 08-09-2007, 11:27 (post 2, #777680)

риполов-любитель

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
CODE
EAC extraction logfile for CD
Journey / Departure

Used drive  :
Read mode  : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 48
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
                    44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo