Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Show unread post )

Huey Lewis and The News - Sports, MFSL UDCD 509
 Posted: 11-02-2008, 17:21 (post 1, #819649)

Flooder
Forum moderator
Group: Global Moders
Huey Lewis and The News - Sports
Артист: Huey Lewis and The News
Альбом: Sports, 1987
Издатель: MFSL / UDCD 509
Ссылка 1: CD 1
Ссылка 2: CD 2 71 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Torrent
Примечание: Другой рип
01. The Heart Of Rock & Roll (5:04)
02. Heart And Soul (4:15)
03. Bad Is Bad (3:48)
04. I Want A New Drug (4:44)
05. Walking On A Thin Line (5:11)
06. Finally Found A Home (3:43)
07. If This Is It (3:54)
08. You Crack Me Up (3:43)
09. Honkey Tonk Blues (3:17)

SPOILER (EAC LOG)

SPOILER (AccurateRip Check)
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': LF_, juliam, Oleg39, arizonadream, minios, shatterhand, kokiku, adjonja, spiderc@t, blade2k, sri2417, link96, ronis, bandolier, minczin, azur
PM Email Poster ICQ
Top Bottom
 Posted: 11-02-2008, 17:24 (post 2, #819652)

Flooder
Forum moderator
Huey Lewis and The News - Sports (1983) MFSL (1987)
Huey Lewis & the News, formerly known as Huey Lewis & the American Express, are a popular U.S. rock band based in San Francisco, California whose greatest success was in the 1980s, when they were one of the most popular music acts of the decade. The band is known for writing simple, light-hearted songs from a working-class perspective and typically appealed to yuppies and baby boomers of the 80s. Combining a rock (and sometimes, a "blues-rock") backing with harmony vocals and Lewis's voice, Huey Lewis & the News had numerous hit songs during the 1980s and early 1990s, including "The Power of Love", "I Want a New Drug", "Doin' it all (For my Baby)", "Do You Believe in Love?" "Hip to Be Square", "Stuck With You", and "Jacob's Ladder".
In 1972, singer and harmonica player Huey Lewis and keyboardist Sean Hopper joined the Bay Area jazz-funk band Clover, who would eventually become the original backing band for Elvis Costello's first album "My Aim Is True", before he attracted The Attractions. Clover's main competition in the Bay Area jazz-funk scene had been a band called Soundhole, whose members included drummer Bill Gibson, saxophonist/guitarist Johnny Colla, and bassist Mario Cipollina (younger brother of John Cipollina). Like Clover, Soundhole had spent time backing a famous singer, Van Morrison. After getting a singles contract from Phonogram Records in 1979, Huey Lewis united his former bandmate and three of his former rivals to form "Huey Lewis & the American Express". The group would release a single "Exo-Disco" (a disco version of the theme from the film Exodus) that was largely ignored. In 1980, the band would woo guitarist Chris Hayes and move to Chrysalis Records, changing their name to "Huey Lewis & the News".
Later in 1980, the band would release their first album, a self-titled LP that was released with little attention and would go largely unnoticed. However, in 1982, Lewis reunited with former Clover producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange, and the band released Picture This. Shortly thereafter, the album turned gold, fueled by the breakout success of hit single "Do You Believe in Love". Largely because of the single, the album remained on the Billboard charts for 35 weeks and peaked at #13. Several other singles from Picture This would follow, but with only limited success.
Due to record label delays on the release of their third album Sports, Huey Lewis & the News was back to square one in late 1983, touring small clubs in a bus to promote the record.It initially hit #6 in the U.S.when first released. However, the album slowly became a number-one hit in 1984 and multi-platinum success in 1985, thanks to the band's frequent touring and a series of clever, funny videos that received heavy MTV airplay. Four singles from the album would reach the Billboard Top Ten: "Heart and Soul", "I Want a New Drug", "The Heart of Rock & Roll", and "If This Is It".

The album Review
There was life for Huey Lewis and Sean Hopper when their first band became a no-leaf Clover-pardon the pun. Together with bassist Mario Cippolina, drummer Bill Gibson, and lead guitarist Chris Hayes, Huey and friends got into journalism, well, Huey Lewis and the News actually, and they created their biggest headlines with Sports, their tertiary 1983 album, which yielded four Top Ten hits, yet somehow or other, I managed to hear all songs from Sports, making this one of my all-time favourite news... I mean classics.

Sports takes what they improved on in Picture This, their tried mixture of soul and doo-wop harmonies, but with a lot of radio-friendly zing! "The Heart of Rock & Roll" is a paean to the risqu , rowdy, and sensationalistic night life of big cities like New York, where one can do "half a million things at a quarter to three." Part of the song's chorus-"now the old boy may hardly be breathing" may be a reflection of the cul-de-sac rock music had gone through at the time, but leave it to Huey and the boys to give it a strong jolt in the arm-aww yeah! The second of three singles to reach #6, and love that heartbeat-like drum that opens and closes this classic number!
The first single from Sports was "Heart and Soul," penned by Nicky Chinn and Blondie-songmeister and producer Mike Chapman, which alternates between some easygoing keyboards from Sean Hopper and some snarling grinding hard-edged guitar chops from Hayes. This became their second Top Ten hit, peaking at #8.

"Bad Is Bad," a 50's blues-tinged doo-wop number, yielded a video, yet didn't crack the Top 100. Bad is given both connotations, cool re the cousin who plays his guitar with a chainsaw buzz, and tasteless regarding a man finding a note reading "I love you" and "someone else's shoes, underneath my bed."

For sheer energy, how can one beat "I Want A New Drug?" This search of a new panacea instead of those pharmaceutical nightmares or under-the-counter pills celebrities pop, indicate a criticism of the pharmaceutical industry but also of Hollywood itself perhaps. Lewis later sued Ray Parker Jr. for cribbing the rhythm of this for "Ghostbusters." I do detect some similarity between the songs, but fortunately, the matter was settled out of court so there wasn't a repeat of George Harrison vs the Chiffons.

The fifth single, "Walking on a Thin Line," reached #18, begins with a pulsing high-tech sounding bassline which becomes the backbone of the song, before going into a rocking song of frustration about an ex-veteran, and the scarring aftereffects of war.

I remember the mid-paced doowop rock with a tinge of beach harmonies, and third #6 single, "If This Is It," from the video on MTV, and both video and song paralleled, of a guy fed up of the relationship games being played. At least the video had a happy ending, as a nice-looking blonde who had witnessed the scene between Huey and the woman in question, wordlessly invites the dejected guy to walk along the beach with her.

The boisterous "You Crack Me Up," with its running synth line, harmony backups, rapid-fire delivery from Lewis, and neat Hayes guitars makes this the best non-single of this album. I bet they could've released this as a followup to "Walking on a Thin Line" and made another Top Ten single.

Their cover of Hank Williams' "Honky Tonk Blues" is a great pub rock tune complete with John McFee on steel guitar that rounds off the album.

PM Email Poster ICQ
Top Bottom
 Posted: 11-02-2008, 17:27 (post 3, #819655)

Flooder
Forum moderator
SPOILER!

SPOILER!
PM Email Poster ICQ
Top Bottom
 Posted: 09-02-2009, 14:32 (post 4, #879404)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
"Ошибка
Не найдена раздача! (ID = 14263)." Возможно ли восстановить раздачу?
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 10-02-2009, 20:11 (post 5, #879696)

Председатель Земного Шара
QUOTE (Nasmeshnik @ 09-02-2009, 14:32)
"Ошибка
Не найдена раздача! (ID = 14263)." Возможно ли восстановить раздачу?
+1
PM Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 10-02-2009, 20:35 (post 6, #879704)

Flooder
Forum moderator
Если никто не опередит - ближе к выходным тогда...
PM Email Poster ICQ
Top Bottom
 Posted: 10-02-2009, 20:50 (post 7, #879706)

Я в принципе уже нашёл на *****,но если здесь тоже нормальный рип,то подожду.Рейтинг на ***** и так ниже плинтуса,пора в аплоадеры идти)))
PM Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 14-02-2009, 16:40 (post 8, #880522)

Group: Members
Юри, а можно в e2k ? Спасибо.
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
 Posted: 14-02-2009, 17:49 (post 9, #880538)

меломан

Group: Prestige
У меня нету, сам жду перераздачи на трекере :rolleyes:
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 14-02-2009, 17:51 (post 10, #880540)

QUOTE (yury_usa)
У меня нету, сам жду перераздачи на трекере :rolleyes:
Так что?раздать????Я просто не дождался..скачал...
PM Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 16-02-2009, 01:46 (post 11, #880821)

Flooder
Forum moderator
Раздавай, коли скачал, я просто ща качаю блюрей Motley Crue....
PM Email Poster ICQ
Top Bottom
 Posted: 16-02-2009, 01:58 (post 12, #880826)

шесть секунд,сейчас всё оформлю)))
PM Users Website
Top Bottom
 Posted: 16-02-2009, 02:02 (post 13, #880827)

меломан

Group: Prestige
а мне потом в осле отдуваться :laugh:
PM
Top Bottom
 Posted: 16-02-2009, 02:15 (post 14, #880829)

Flooder
Forum moderator
Обновил, спасибо, старые посты удаять не буду
PM Email Poster ICQ
Top Bottom
 Posted: 16-02-2009, 02:19 (post 15, #880830)

QUOTE (yury_usa)
а мне потом в осле отдуваться :laugh:
А кому-то потом переносить в форум для ословодов :diablo:

QUOTE (ns38)
Обновил, спасибо, старые посты удаять не буду

Не за что)))
А быстро работаешь,я и очнуться не успел а всё оформление уже в шапке))) :beer:
PM Users Website
Top Bottom