Bridget St. John - Jumblequeen (1974/1995 Remastered & Expanded Edition)
   Posted: 08-12-2008, 06:23 (post 1, #869193)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Bridget St. John - Jumblequeen
Артист: Bridget St. John
Альбом: Jumblequeen, 1974
Издатель: BGO Records / BGO CD260
Жанр: British Folk-Rock
Формат файла: EAC->FLAC.CUE.LOG.scans->RAR(288.59MB)
Ссылка: CD 15 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
TRACKLIST
 1. - Sparrowpit
 2. - Song For The Waterden Widow
 3. - I Don't Know If I Can Take It
 4. - Some Kind Of Beautiful
 5. - Last Goodnight
 6. - Curious & Woolly
 7. - Want To Be With You
 8. - Jumble Queen
 9. - Sweet Painted Lady
10. - Long Long Time
11. - Curious and Woolly (Bonus)
12. - Come Up and See Me Sometime (Bonus)
13. - Easy-Come Easy-Go (Bonus)
14. - Moody (Bonus)

SPOILER!

INFO
Bridget St. John's fourth album fell somewhere between vintage British folk-rock and the kind of singer/songwriter approach used by Phoebe Snow or early Joni Mitchell. It was a low-key, agreeable affair of sophisticated romantic ruminations, although not compelling. Though a couple of songs came from outside sources (including a cover of Elton John's "Sweet Painted Lady"), most of the material was self-penned, and rather self-effacing, with assistance from backup musicians including ex-King Crimson drummer Mike Giles and noted acoustic guitarist Stefan Grossman. Oddly, different CD reissues of the album have added different bonus tracks. The mid-'90s reissue on BGO added four tracks recorded in the U.S. in 1976; however, the three bonus tracks added on the 2006 reissue on Hux were entirely different, slightly lo-fi ones done in 1975 that were previously unreleased anywhere. Recorded in preparation for a future album that would never be realized, these actually show her exploring some interesting possible future directions, playing underwater-sounding guitar through a foot pedal on "3DB Australia"; using Ron Geesin (most famous for his composing contribution to Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother) as piano accompanist on "Grow"; and featuring Peter Berryman on accomplished picked folky guitar on "Bumper to Bumper."

--- Richie Unterberger, All Music Guide ---

Dear russian friends. :hi:

I love this album so muuuuch.
Strongly recommended. :)

If mistake or error, please tell me.

Sorry for my poor english. I'm korean.
I live in Korea.

Good luck, love and peace to you. :jump3:

--- Veritas from Korea with Friendship ---

P.S.: I'm looking for "Bridget St. John - Thank You For (1972)".
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': mythos, Гордый, kars1954, der spunk, OlCh, alglebych
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options