Major Handy - Zydeco Feeling (2009), Analogue Production Originals CAPO 2023
 Posted: 04-11-2009, 13:58 (post 1, #923906)

Pro Member

Group: News makers
Warn:0%-----
Major Handy - Zydeco Feeling
Артист: Major Handy
Альбом: Zydeco Feeling, 2009
Издатель: APO / CAPO 2023
Жанр: Blues,Cajun,Zydeco
Формат файла: NetLab
Ссылка 1: eMule 44 clicks
Ссылка 2: Torrent
Ссылка 3: magnet 18 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Torrent
01. Zydeco Feeling (3:58)
02. Combread (4:09)
03. I'm On The Wonder (8:23)
04. Dance Koden (3:45)
05. Trail Ride (4:03)
06. Tennessee Waltz (3:04)
07. Zydeco Boogaloo (2:31)
08. Down On The Bayou (3:04)
09. Black Girl (4:20)
10. Lucille (3:08)
11. Josephine Is Not My Wife (2:54)
12. Come On Home (5:39)

Musicians:
Major Handy (accordion)
Buckwheat Zydeco (Hammond B3 organ)
Paul "Lil' Buck" Sinegal (guitar)
Lee Allen Zeno (bass)

Detailed Description
Zydeco Feeling is among the strongest front-to-back offerings in the APO Records catalog. And Track Three – "I'm On A Wonder" – might just be the best slow blues the label has yet recorded. Accordion-led and with half the lyrics in French, neither declaration would look likely to the unknowing, but Major Handy offers such bare emotion, building and smoldering, the performance on each song seemingly inspiring the next. This is a fine record from an artist few outside of southwest Louisiana will have ever heard. Handy is an artist of uncommon power and energy, someone who lays into each of his songs, not "overplaying", mind you, just flat giving it. Buckwheat Zydeco, the most commercially successful of today's Zydeco artists, leads the backing band here. Buckwheat, known best on accordion, instead plays his first and still favorite instruments, the Hammond B3 organ. Ace guitarist Paul "Lil' Buck" Sinegal, unquestionably the best Zydeco guitarist of the last 30 years, is also onboard, blistering when appropriate without ever stepping on the groove. And top-call bassman Lee Allen Zeno anchors it all, capping what's truly an all-star cast

Cajun
Zydeco

:music2: Album Information :music2:

SPOILER (EAC)
SPOILER (CUE)

SPOILER (CD,Back)

Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': Гордый, BioS, rix, borisrad, minios, ArCanon, me-laman, igoro, yury_usa, Vp36nl, Wanderer70, Gwelgoth, mitay, Johansen, jktu_p, illario, spiderc@t, LF_, Arzo, blade2k
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options