Adam Makowicz Piano - Live Embers (2005), EAC-APE-CUE-LOG-HQCovers | PNCD 1043
 Posted: 22-11-2009, 20:27 (post 1, #928483)

Group: Members
Warn:0%-----
Adam Makowicz Piano - Live Embers
Артист: Adam Makowicz Piano
Альбом: Live Embers, 2005
Издатель: Polskie Nagrania / PNCD 1043
Жанр: Jazz
Формат файла: EAC-APE-CUE-LOG-HQCovers
Ссылка: CD 28 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey/Kademlia
Примечание: Polish Jazz Deluxe
Tracklist:
01. Zarzace Sie Wegielki I / Live Embers (Adam Makowicz) [1:36]
02. Raz Tak, Raz Nie / Once Yes, Once No (Adam Makowicz) [5:01]
03. Passiflora (Adam Makowicz) [2:46]
04. Pociecha / Solace (Scott Joplin) [4:17]
05. Ballada Dla R / Ballade For R (Adam Makowicz) [2:47]
06. Liczenie Od Konca / Count Down (John Coltrane) [2:56]
07. Tanczaca Panda / The Dancing Panda (Adam Makowicz) [4:15]
08. Milowe Kroki / Giant Steps (John Coltrane) [2:41]
09. Opalizacja / Opalescence (Adam Makowicz) [4:02]
10. Artysta Kabaretowy / The Entertainer (Scott Joplin) [4:56]
11. Zarzace Sie Wegielki II / Live Embers (Adam Makowicz) [2:31]

Polish Jazz vol. 43
Recorded in Warsaw, February 1975
Rezyser nagrania: Antoni Karuzas
Operator dzwieku: Krystyna Diakon
Projekt graficzny: Marek Andrzej Karewicz
24-bit remastered from original master tapes
Mastering: Karolina Gleinert

Personnel:
Adam Makowicz - piano

"I play what I want", say Adam Makowicz. And, incidentally, "what-he-wants" pleases also the audience. "I endeavor to communicate listeners with all the emotion and joy that playing gives me." He does it perfectly well, and this is the reason for his popularity and enthusiasm around his solo music.
No doubt, he is one of the most eminent European jazz pianists; some people say that he is... the best. And it is quite possible, since after the last Piano Conclave that brought together European giants of the piano, a Swiss critic wrote: "None of the pianists revealed such a variety of style - from Art Tatum to Keith Jarrett - as Makowicz. His impressions were the biggest solo attraction of the evening."
That's it: Tatum and Jarrett. It is them that Makowicz often refers to as to his favorites. Nevertheless, it is not merely their influence that made his music so attractive. Their ideas were employed by Makowicz as a substratum for creating his own deeply personal but very communicative music.
This music reminds of Tatum's rippling passages, Jarrett's lyricism, stride piano and... ragtime. The whole image of jazz found its place in Makowicz's art. "Live Embers" is a perfect portrait of his music. The title original composition, which opens and closes the record, is a sort of a clamp buckling the whole miscellaneous material of the disc; it is also somehow the artist's creed, a recapitulation of everything that is happening on the record. Besides original Makowicz's compositions, one may find here Scott Joplin's rags, "The Entertainer" and "Solace", as well as the extremely different Coltrane's "Count Down" and "Giant Steps".
Unbelievable technique, extreme sensitivity and imagination of the pianist made this record an important event not only in Polish jazz, but also a genuine and sensational masterpiece, that seldom is available in jazz of Europe and... the world. If these words seem to you exaggerated, I can only say: just listen to it. ~Kazimierz Czyz (original line notes from the album's back cover)

Adam Makowicz made a strong impression when he first came to the U.S. and at the time, he was often compared to Art Tatum. Although his technique is nearly on Tatum's level, Makowicz has long had his own style, mixing together different aspects of jazz, ranging from swing to hard bop. He started playing jazz in the late '50s and with Tomasz Stanko formed one of the first European free jazz groups, the Jazz Darings. He led his own groups in Warsaw from 1965 on and in 1970 played electric piano in Michal Urbaniak's band. Makowicz also worked with Urszula Dudziak and recorded several albums in Poland before coming to the United States in 1977. Although the initial publicity (when he was championed by John Hammond) has long since died down, Makowicz has, if anything, continued to improve as a pianist. He has recorded many records as a leader for such labels as Columbia, Stash, Choice, Sheffield Lab, Novus, and Concord. (by Scott Yanow, AMG)

SPOILER!

Extractor: Exact Audio Copy v0.99pb3
Codec: Monkey's Audio 3.97
Compression: High Lossless
Total Time: 37:53
Ripper: SurowyTato
Please take a second to encourage releaser for all his hard work, press 'Thanks' button
The following members said 'Спасибо!': ArCanon, Gebemnot, sergei_814, arizonadream
PM Email Poster
Top Bottom
Topic Options