> Clare Teal - Orsino´s Song, EAC+APE - Candid Records - Vocal Jazz
 Отправлено: 26-02-2005, 02:12 (post 1, #363144)

Рейтинг:0%-----
Артист: Clare Teal
Альбом: Orsino´s Song , 2002
Жанр: Vocal Jazz
Формат файла: EAC+APE
Ссылка: CD 11 clicks
Нахождение: eDonkey

Clare Teal
- Orsino´s Song

1. California Dreamin'
2. The Way You Look Tonight
3. Life Plans
4. In the Still of the Night
5. Let's Not Take a Raincheck
6. Ready for Love to Begin
7. Blues in the Night
8. You Make Me Feel So Young
9. Mountain Greenery
10. I Only Have Eyes for You
11. I Loves You Porgy
12. Who Bought the Car?

Label:Candid Records

Genre:Vocal Jazz

Compression:EAC+APE

Covers:Yes

Size:279.97 MB

Some nice music with a bad cd cover.That guys at Candid should be hanged up for such laughy job on marketing.If you download and listen the first cd, you know what kind o f music you will get.If you don´t ,try this one and maybe you be enchanted by the beautiful voice of Clare.Enjoy.

Not for nothing has Brit-jazz singer Teal named her second Candid album Orsino's Songs: this is the selfsame Duke Orsino of Shakespeare fame who inspired Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn to come up with Such Sweet Thunder. There's not much in the way of inclement weather here, but sweet music and antique songs are both well represented in an intimate set that is characterised by Teal's smooth and mellifluous vocals. She uses a small group setting that has the musicians high in the mix, and reed player Alan Barnes gets showpieces on two tracks, so the fans at the hard-jazz end of the spectrum will be kept comfortable. Teal cowrote four tracks here, and it's a credit to her that they fit seamlessly into a programme that includes "The Way You Look Tonight", "Mountain Greenery" and "Blues in the Night". The arrangements are understated, Teal's vocal control is impressive as ever and this is bound to prove an advance in a rapidly developing career. --Keith Shadwick

While listening to Orsino's Songs it struck me that Clare Teal not only has the voice to carry the songs she chooses but that it is her personality and the transfer of it to her music that sets her apart from the mass of female jazz vocalists there are in the world today. Teal no doubt has her own voice, she is not one of those "sound-a-like Simones" or worse still - a "kind-of Ella". She is unique, and no matter what style she sings in you can't not know it is her singing. The album is a tremendous move on from her already acclaimed debut "That's The Way It Is" and her career shows no signs of slowing if the media are anything to go by. With a mix of Standards, original material and the odd more contemporary cover, there is something for everyone on this record. Already highly praised by Michael Parkinson, the lead track "California Dreamin'" is the stand out arrangement and performance on the record. Coming a close second is "Mountain Greenery" which features a very witty piano solo by Teal's regular cohort Martin Litton. Most reviewers will harp on about the guest appearances of Alan Barnes. It's true he is superb (as ever) but listen to reedman Trevor Whiting's phrasing and tonality throughout the disc - surely this man merrits more attention. "Blues In The Night" is awesome, and "I Loves You Porgy" is possibly the finest recording of this song to date. This is a great record obviously made by a group of top players who know exactly what they are doing..I suspect you won't get better than this until Teal's next album.

Atencion:New release.This will take one week or more to spread.Click at your own risk.

If you prefere mp3.

Clare.Teal.Orsino´s.Songs.EAC.320K.LAME.JBrown.2004.rar 5 clicks
PM Email Poster Users Website MSN
Top Bottom
Topic Options